ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS
SPRING 2016 OFFICE HOURS
Mon – Thu: 8:30 am – 6:30pm
Fri: 8:30am – 12:00pm
SPRING 2016 HOURS
Mon – Thu: 10:00am – 6:30pm
Admissions & Records and
Student Services Building
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Admissions & Records
Welcome to Admissions & Records
The Admissions & Records office provides professional, courteous, and accurate services to students and the Pierce College community. We recognize that for many students the Admissions & Records Office is usually the first contact with Pierce College. We want students to feel that we care about them and respect and support their decision to pursue a higher education. We strive to maintain records in a manner that is properly secured to meet both federal and state privacy laws. We attempt to provide timely service in the areas of applications, registration, grades, transcripts, transfer certification, degrees, and certificates.
- Deadline to submit a Fall 2016 Petition for Readmission is April 1, 2016 (First Friday of April). Petition for Readmission must be submitted with the proof of Fall 2016 online application and the student's educational plan. Review the following link for more information.
- Deadline to Submit a Request to Repeat a Class for Fall 2016 was Friday, August 12, 2015 (Two weeks before the semester begins).
For general calendar dates, deadlines, and holidays, please refer to our
Note: it is each student's responsibility to be aware of the college's rules and regulations that appear in the Schedules of Classes and the General Catalog.
Note: a photo ID is required to process transactions at Admissions & Records, the Business Office, Financial Aid, etc. Please note that among others, a driver's license, a state-issued identification card, school identification card, etc., are acceptable forms of ID. Phone photos or print out from phone photo will be accepted as ID card.
Did you know you can do all of the following by going to our website's Class Registration tab?
- Make changes to your class schedule (make sure you are aware of deadlines published in the Calendar)
- View your grades, holds, view and pay fees, view your unofficial transcript, view your registration appointment, and view your placement exam results
- Change your current email address. You cannot change your legal and/or mailing address online (this requires a visit to Admissions & Records with a photo ID).
- Check your official email account: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
- Order official transcripts (no rush or emergency requests are accepted online)
To change your legal and/or mailing address visit the Admissions & Records office with an original picture ID. No photo picture ID, photocopy, or phone picture ID can be accepted in lieu of your original picture ID.
NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS
New and returning students are required to submit an application for admission before an online registration date/time is issued. Students register for classes online, not in person. Students cannot register for classes before the registration appointment time and date they are assigned; they may register only after their assigned registration appointment time. An individual who did not enroll in any school in the Los Angeles Community College District within the last two semesters is considered a returning student.
If you are a first-time college student, click here for some helpful information regarding Pierce College's counseling services.
Please note that submitting an application for admission does not guarantee that classes will be open.
Los Angeles Pierce College does not utilize a wait list system. The system allows students to enroll in a course through the online registration portal, on a first-come, first-served basis, the moment that a seat becomes available in the course because of a student dropping out. This option, however, is only available until the day before classes begin. After that date, students that submitted an application before the dead line will need to attend the first day of class, and the instructor will give him/her a signed add permit that must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office by the deadline. No exceptions can be done to this rule.
Online registration appointments are issued by the Los Angeles Community College District. The Office of Admissions & Records cannot change registration appointments.
To view your registration appointment, click here. Students who attended either the previous Fall or Spring semester at any of the LACCD campuses do not need to reapply. Continuing students can view their district-wide registration date that can be used at any of the nine campuses to enroll for classes.