|Monday||8 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 6:00 pm|
8 am - 12:00 pm
Admissions & Records Office
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Admissions & Records
New Policy Effective Summer 2012
PHONE SYSTEM ALERT: We are currently having phone system challenges as we migrate to a new Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) system. Our IT department is working to correct them. If you experience any dropped calls please reach the extension directly. You can find specific Pierce College phone extensions on our website by either employee name or by office. On the home page, type all or part of the person or office you are trying to reach in the upper right “People Search” box. At the next page, even if you get the message “Sorry, there are no matches,” go down to View our Complete Listing, and click on either Faculty by Department or Campus Offices. Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our phone system.
It is the student's RESPONSIBILITY to be aware of the college's rules and regulations that appear in the Schedules of Classes, General Catalog, Calendar, Student Information Addendum, etc.: www.piercecollege.edu/schedules
Recent Applicants (new and returning students)
If your application went through successfully, the system may have issued a student identification number already although a personalized email may not have been sent to you yet.
You can find out what your student identification number is IF you provided your Social Security Number when you submitted your application for admission. Enter either your SSN OR your student identification number (if known), NOT both.
2) CLASS REGISTRATION (tab located in the upper right-hand side area)
3) Enter the required information; instructions are provided. If you enter your SSN, the system will provide your student identification number which begins with "88."
|Personal Identification Number|
|We need your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for security reasons. If you haven't already changed it, your PIN is 4 digits (MMDD format) from your birthdate. For example, if your birthdate is January 31, your PIN is '0131'.|
Please note that submitting an application for admission DOES NOT guarantee that classes will be open.
Pierce College does not utilize a wait list system. The system allows students to enroll in a course through the online registration portal, on a first-come first-served basis, the moment a seat becomes available in the course due to a student dropping out. This option, however, is only available until the day before the classes begin. After that, interested students will need to attend the first day of class and the instructor will give them a signed add card should there be room in the class to add the student.
Photo identification is required to process all transactions.
New & Returning Students: Enrollment Process
A returning student is someone who did not enroll in any school in the Los Angeles Community College District within the last two semesters. New and returning students are REQUIRED to submit an application for admission BEFORE an online registration appointment is issued.
Registration appointments for CONTINUING students are issued by the Los Angeles Community College District (not Pierce College) based on a seniority system that includes two major criteria: the TOTAL number of units COMPLETED (currently enrolled units are NOT counted) in the Los Angeles Community College District AND when the student last enrolled in classes.
The more units a continuing student has COMPLETED in the Los Angeles Community College District, the earlier the registration appointment will be.
Students cannot register for classes BEFORE the registration appointment time and date they received; they may register AFTER their assigned registration appointment time.
NEW and RETURNING students receive an registration appointment based on when their application for admissions was received & processed.
NEW/RETURNING STUDENT registration appointments for Summer and Fall 2013 may be viewed online a few weeks AFTER the application is submitted online. To view your registration appointment: http://www.piercecollege.edu/ (CLASS REGISTRATION tab)
CONTINUING STUDENT priority registration appointments for Summer and Fall 2013 may be viewed online now at http://www.piercecollege.edu/ (CLASS REGISTRATION tab)
To view your registration appointment:
2) CLASS REGISTRATION (tab located in the upper right-hand side area).
3) Enter the required information; instructions are provided.
4) VIEW REG APPT (Make sure to select the correct term and year)
First Step for New/Returning Students: Apply for Admission Online
TERMS AND DATES
Visit: www.piercecollege.edu/schedules for:
- Schedule of Classes
- Distance Education Classes
- Short-Term Classes
- Off-Campus Offerings
- Final Exam Schedules
- Calendars (includes VERY IMPORTANT dates. Students are RESPONSIBLE for knowing the DEADLINES)
It is the student's RESPONSIBILITY to drop his/her classes and adhere to the deadlines. Students are RESPONSIBLE for fees (even if they do not attend class) if they do not drop by the REFUND deadline.
IMPORTANT: CALENDAR DATES APPLY TO SEMESTER-LENGTH CLASSES ONLY. SEE INSTRUCTOR FOR DEADLINES FOR SHORT-TERM CLASSES (including PACE classes).
- Student Information Addendum (VERY IMPORTANT Rules & Regulations)
- Map of the Pierce Village area
- PACE (Program for Accelearated College Education) - PACE students only. (Section numbers for PACE courses begin with a "4.")
- ITV (Instructional Television)
- General Catalog
Please download and read the Student Information Addendum for Spring 2013 Semester for information on:
- Admissions: Who Can Attend Pierce College
- Pierce College Policy on Prerequisites, Corequisites, Recommended Preparation, and Limitations on Enrollment
- Enrollment Process: New & Continuing Students
- Enrollment Process: Add a Class, Drop a Class, Audit a Class
- Pierce College Fees
- How to Read the Schedule of Classes
- Financial Aid
- Registration in Pierce College Classes
- Student Rights and Legal Protections
You student identification number: IF you provided your Social Security Number when you submitted your application for admission:
2) CLASS REGISTRATION (tab located in the upper right-hand side area)
3) Enter the required information; instructions are provided. If you enter your SSN, the system will provide your LACCD student identification number which begins with "88." Be sure to enter your SSN in the CORRECT field.
If you know your student identification number, DO NOT enter both your SSN and your SSN.
Did you know you can do ALL of the following by going to www.piercecollege.edu and clicking on the CLASS REGISTRATION tab?
- Make changes to class schedule (Make sure you are aware of deadlines published in the Calendar)
- View grades
- View holds
- View & pay fees
- View unofficial transcript
- View registration appointment
- View placement exam results
- Change your CURRENT email address (Main Menu). You cannot change either your legal or mailing address online. (Visit Admissions & Records.)
- Check your Los Angeles Community College email account (Main Menu)
- Order official regular transcripts (Main Menu) NO rush or emergency requests accepted online.
Grades & Transcripts (Official & Unofficial): http://www.piercecollege.edu/pierce_grades.asp
Information on Instructional Television (ITV) short-term courses. (ITV courses DO NOT appear on the Pierce College transcript.)
PACE (Program for Accelerated College Education) courses are RESTRICTED to PACE students. PACE courses have SECTION numbers that begin with a "4."
If you wish to become a PACE student:
2) Click: Fall Schedule (image on top)
3) This will take you to: www.piercecollege.edu/schedules/
4) Click on logo: PACE
5) Left column: Orientation
You will be required to attend an orientation.
Direct Link to PACE: www.piercecollege.edu/departments/pace/
It is the student's RESPONSIBILITY to drop his/her classes and adhere to the deadlines in the Calendar. Students are RESPONSIBLE for fees (even if they do not attend class) if they do not drop by the REFUND deadline.
IMPORTANT: CALENDAR DATES APPLY TO SEMESTER-LENGTH CLASSES ONLY. SEE INSTRUCTOR FOR DEADLINES FOR SHORT-TERM CLASSES (including PACE).
ALL students (including concurrent high school students and those receiving financial aid/a fee waiver) should print their schedule of classes IN ORDER TO VERIFY PROPER CLASS ENROLLMENT. You are RESPONSIBLE to ensure that you are registered in the correct classes.
Photo ID is required to process transactions at Admissions & Records, Business Office, Financial Aid, etc. Please note that among others, a driver's license, a state-issued identification card, school identification card, etc. are acceptable forms of photo id.
Requests for transcripts (official or unofficial) or Verifications of Enrollment will NOT be accepted until ALL financial obligations with the Los Angeles Community College District are paid. IF you received a fee waiver/financial aid, make sure that you DO NOT owe ANY fees BEFORE submitting a transcript and/or verification request. If you owe fees at ANY school in the Los Angeles Community College District, your request will not be processed.
The colleges of the Los Angeles Community College District (www.laccd.edu) are:
- East Los Angeles College
- Instructional Television
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Los Angeles Southwest College
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Los Angeles Valley College
- West Los Angeles College
Business Office (information about fees, payment, refunds, etc.):
2) Tab on top: Students
Under "CAMPUS SERVICES": Business Office
Direct link: www.piercecollege.edu/offices/business_office/
Verifications of Enrollment from GAIN/CalWORK
Please call 818-719-6400 for up-to-date information about services.
The GAIN/CalWORKs Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building.
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 12 noon
Monday - Thursday: 1 pm - 4:30 pm
Please note that the office is closed from 12 noon - 1 pm, Monday - Thursday.
It is the student's RESPONSIBILITY to be aware of the college's rules and regulations that appear in the Schedules of Classes, General Catalog, Calendar, Student Information Addendum, etc.: www.piercecollege.edu/schedules/