Revised August 4, 2011
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) which signed into law on August 14, 2008, mandates colleges to provide disclosure and reporting requirements in a variety of formats. A disclosure requirement is information that we distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information we submit to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Sometimes disclosure and reporting requirements overlap. Some topics require the college to make information available to students as well as submit information to the U.S. Department of Education. Therefore, this web page documents that Pierce College attempts to meet these disclosure and reporting requirements.
General Institutional Information
- Pierce College’s School profile on the National Center for Education Statistics’ web site at www.nces.ed.gov/collegenavigatoris a comprehensive site maintained by the U.S. Department of Education which provides information about the college such as:
- General campus information
- Student Race/ethnicity and gender
- Program completion
- Retention Rates
- Overall graduation rate and transfer-out programs/majors
- Pierce College Institutional Research provides information such as but not limited to Student enrollment, Student characteristics, Transfer information, Majors and Programs, etc. For additional information, visit the Office of Institutional Research at http://info.piercecollege.edu/offices/research/index.htm
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) -- visit http://www.piercecollege.edu/media/pdf/FERPA.pdf
- The names of associations, agencies, and/or government bodies that accredit or approve the programs offered:
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) – www.acswasc.org
- American Veterinary Medical Association – www.avma.org
- Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) – www.smogcheck.ca.gov
- California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) – www.rn.ca.gov
- To view the NCLEX exam pass rates for Pierce College, go to www.rn.ca.gov/schools/passrates.shtml
- California Association of Alcohol and Drug Educators (CAADE) – www.caade.org
- National Automotive Technician Educational Foundation (NIASE)
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc – www.nlnac.org
- Registered Veterinary Technology (RVT) – California Veterinary Medical Board
- To view the RVT exam pass rates, go to www.vmb.ca.gov/applicants/exam_stats.shtml
- Western State Conference of the Commission on Athletics
- Admissions and Records - http://www.piercecollege.edu/admissions/
- Refund Policy - http://www.piercecollege.edu/offices/business_office/
- Voter Registration -- visit http://regrec.co.la.ca.us for information on voter registrtion for the Los Angeles County area.
- Financial Aid Information
- Pierce College Financial Aid Office provides information to prospective and current students on the financial aid application process, eligibility requirements, availability of financial aid programs, dates and deadlines and more. For more information, contact the office at (818) 719-6428 or send an email to email@example.com . We also encourage students to visit the website at www.piercecollege.edu/offices/financial_aid
- Net Price Calculator - In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Pierce College is providing all current and prospective students and parents with this Net Price Calculator (NPC). The NPC will provide you with an estimated net price for attending Pierce College based on the student's individual circumstances. Go to https://webprod.cccco.edu/npc/744/npcalc.htm
- Cost of Attendance information is located at www.piercecollege.edu/pierce_fees.asp
- Return to Title IV Policy - http://www.piercecollege.edu/offices/financial_aid/news.asp#4
- Special Services Office provides support services, specialized instruction and educational accommodations to students with disabilities. For more information, contact the office at (818) 436-0467 V TTY or visit their website at www.piercecollege.edu/offices/special_services
- Student Health Center is available to students to utilize for a variety of medical needs. For more information, contact the office at (818) 710-4270 or visit their website at www.piercecollege.edu/offices/health_center
- Gainful Employment Programs – this information provides students with information on various career and technical programs available at Pierce College. Visit the website at http://www.piercecollege.edu/pierce_career.asp for program disclosure information.
- Campus Safety -- visit www.piercecollege.edu/campus_safety.asp for additional information.
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures (under construction)
- Student Grievance and Complaint Process -- visit www.piercecollege.edu/offices/compliance/stdgrievance.asp for student grievance and complaint procedures.
- Athletics -- visit http://info.piercecollege.edu/departments/athletics for information on our Athletics program.
- Bookstore -- visit www.piercecollege.edu/offices/bookstorefor additional information.
- Textbook Information - visit our OnLine Store at http://www.piercebookstore.com