Library & Learning Crossroads Building
Room 5130 (1st Floor)
M-TH 9:00am - 5:30pm
Read the CAS English Blog
The CAS is dedicated to empowering students to achieve academic success. We believe in creating powerful learning environments that foster a growth mindset, metacognitive awareness, and self-efficacy. We strive to build an atmosphere of learning characterized by respect, support, and meaningful student engagement. We are committed to providing academic support to each and every student who walks in our door.
The Center for Academic Success provides one-to-one tutoring, small-group tutoring, and workshops in a variety of subjects offered by the college. English, math, and ESL tutoring is provided during all hours of operation. Workshops and tutoring in all other subjects have schedules that are available on this website or in the CAS. All services are free and available on a walk-in basis. No appointments are necessary, but feel free to call ahead for wait times, schedules, and changes.
At the Center for Academic Success, students can:
- Get help with subjects like English, math, science, philosophy, etc.
- Develop study skills and success skills essential for success in all classes.
- Work one-on-one or in small groups with a peer or professional tutor to get personalized help.
- Attend workshops for help on specific topics (e.g. verb usage, test-taking strategies, Algebra review, essay writing)
A tutor CAN help you:
- Effectively read and comprehend class materials.
- Get started on a writing assignment in any class.
- Think through difficult parts of an assigned problem.
- Practice course-specific skills and concepts.
- Understand errors corrected by an instructor.
- Identify areas that you can strengthen to make you a better student.
- Find the resources that you need to succeed.
- Identify specific ways that you can improve your assignments.
- Think of ways you can better communicate with your instructor to ask questions.
A tutor CANNOT:
- Write your papers or assignments.
- Solve your equations or problems.
- Make changes to your assignments (We can help you identify changes you may want to make, but we can't make them for you!).
- Silently proofread and/or correct your assignments.
- Repeat/duplicate a class lecture.
- Talk to the instructor for you.
We are here to teach you how to be successful for the long term!