Library & Learning Crossroads Building
Room 5130 (1st Floor)
M-TH 9:00am - 4:00pm
Follow us on Twitter: @Pierce_CAS
Read the CAS English Blog
The CAS is dedicated to empowering students to achieve academic success. We believe educational programs and services should cater to multiple learning styles, and all people deserve access to an atmosphere of respect, openness and trust. We are committed to helping students in need of academic support to meet their individual goals, regardless of age, gender, race, or physical ability.
At the Center for Academic Success, students can:
- Get help with subjects like English, math, science, philosophy, etc.
- Learn study skills and success skills essential for success in all classes.
- Work one-on-one or in small groups with a peer or professional tutor to get personalized help.
- Attend workshops for help on specific topics (e.g. verb usage, test-taking strategies, essay writing)
A tutor CAN help you:
- Effectively read and comprehend class materials.
- Practice course-specific skills and concepts.
- Understand errors corrected by an instructor.
Content and Grammar-
- Brainstorm/Prewrite for a paper
- Organize a paper’s structure.
- Identify run-on sentences and fragments.
- Understand verb tenses and how to use them.
- Understand parts of speech (ie. noun, verb, adjective, adverb).
A tutor CANNOT:
- Write your paper for you
- Solve your math problems for you
- Complete your assignment for you
- Make changes on a paper for you (We can help you fix them, but we cannot do it for you!).
We are here to teach you how to be successful for the long term!