Hours of Operation
M-Th 11am - 4pm
F 10am - 2pm*
*Help Desk and tutoring will close at 12pm on the first Friday of each month for training:
- October 1
- November 5
- December 3
Center for Academic Success
Welcome!! We're glad you're here!
We offer Brahmas FREE help with their classes:
In-person tutoring, online tutoring, paper drop off, and workshops
In-Person Tutoring (all free):
We offer limited in-person tutoring in the CAS (LLC 5130) M-Th 11-4. All in-person tutoring sessions are individual, 30-minute appointments. CLICK HERE for the in-person tutoring schedule.
There are three ways to make an appointment:
- Visit us in person in the CAS (LLC 5130) M-Th 11-4
- Call or text us us at 818-305-4569
- CLICK HERE to use our new appointment system.
*If it's your first time, you'll be asked to create an account with your laccd student email.
*CLICK to watch a video on how to create an account and then make an appointment
*If you need help, call, text, or visit us.
* If you need assistance wtih ADA accomodations for booking tutoring sessions, please visit the LACCD Tutoring Accessibility help page.
**Most of our tutoring and services will be online.
If you can't find what you are looking for in-person, read on for lots more online support!**
Workshops and Paper Drop Off (all free):
- Workshops (online) - Click here to view the Fall 21 CAS Workshop Schedule. Join an online workshop at any time. No appointments needed.
- Paper Drop Off - Click here to use our Paper Drop Off service for support for your paper in any subject. You will get feedback within two working days.
Online Tutoring through Canvas (all free):
Click on your subject (below) and add yourself to the tutoring Canvas page. There, you'll find schedules, links to your tutor, and other helpful resources. Watch video instructions for more guidance.
Don't see what you are looking for? Ask us!
Why see a tutor?
At The Center for Academic Success, students can:
- Connect with another student or volunteer has been successful in your class in order to get help with subjects like English, math, science, philosophy, etc.
- Develop study skills and success skills essential for success in all classes.
- Work one-on-one or in small groups with a peer tutor to get personalized help.
- Attend workshops for help on specific topics (e.g. verb usage, test-taking strategies, Algebra review, essay writing)
A tutor CAN help you:
- Effectively read and comprehend class materials, including your syllabus, Canvas page, and class assignments.
- Get started on a writing assignment in any class.
- Think through difficult parts of an assigned problem.
- Practice course-specific skills and concepts.
- Understand instructor feedback.
- Identify areas that you can strengthen to make you a better student.
- Find the resources that you need to succeed.
- Identify specific ways that you can improve your assignments.
- Think of ways you can better communicate with your instructor to ask questions.
A tutor CANNOT:
- Write or rewrite your papers/assignments or complete your equations/homework problems for you. We can help you identify changes you may want to make, but we can't make them for you!
- Silently proofread and/or correct your assignments. You are part of the process. We will work with you and support you so you can revise your own work.
- Repeat/duplicate a class lecture. We are not professors; we are your peers. We will work with you to understand the material, but we don't replace instructors.
The CAS is dedicated to empowering students to achieve academic success. We believe in creating powerful learning environments that foster a growth mindset, metacognitive awareness, and self-efficacy. We strive to build an atmosphere of learning characterized by respect, support, and meaningful student engagement. We are committed to providing academic support to each and every student who visits us. Each of us have amazing abilities and experiences, and all are welcome and celebrated here!
We are here to help you how to be successful for the long term!
Here at the CAS, we value each and every student. We are dedicated to ensuring that all students feel safer and supported. In the CAS, our individuality is strength, and our experiences matter. We love that our students come from a beautiful, diverse range of ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, citizenship status, religions, abilities, veteran status, sexes, gender identities, sexual orientations, and much more. Our future needs everyone!
To learn more about the links and information provided by this web site, please to go our web page "Website Links". To learn more about documents provided by this website and document ADA-compliance, please go to our web page "Addressing Document Compliance".