The Art/Multimedia computer lab (located in Art 3304) at Pierce College is available to all students enrolled in Art/Multimedia courses. Students can use the computers during open access lab hours to work on their homework and to complete their assignments.
Fall 2012 Lab Hours
Checking out Equipment
The Art/Multimedia Computer Lab has the following equipment available for checkout:
- digital cameras
- digital video cameras
- Wacom tablets
* The length of time for equipment check out varies based on the type of equipment and the current demand for it. Please speak to your instructor or the lab assistant to check out equipment.
You must pay a $15 fee at the bookstore to use the lab printers. All students in ART 604 must pay this fee. You must keep your receipt and have it available at all times when printing in the lab. You may be asked for proof that you paid this fee prior to being allowed to use the printers.
Please contact our lab assistant and include a brief description of the problem as well as the computer number (located on the monitor).
Computer Lab Rules
- You must be enrolled in an Art/Multimedia class to use the lab
- No food or drink in the lab
- This includes water, candy and chewing gum
- Food may be kept in bags, but must not be seen
- Do not use your mobile phone in the lab
- Turn off all of your ringers and audible notifications
- Do not play audio from your computer speakers
- You must bring headphones or check out a pair (if available)
- You must pay a printing fee to use the lab printers
- Never use physical force on any piece of equipment
- Please do not attempt to repair any piece of equipment
- Do not remove or adjust any cables attached to any computers
- Inform the class Instructor or lab assistant of any problems
- Keep all work areas neat and clean
** Failure to adhere to these rules may result in SUSPENSION of lab privileges or being
REPORTED to the Vice President of Student Services