Child Development and Early Childhood Education
Los Angeles Pierce College
The Los Angeles Pierce College Child Development and Early Childhood Education Program is designed to meet the needs of those students interested in preparing for employment or who are presently employed in the rapidly expanding field of Early Childhood Education, including private and public preschools, Head Start programs, early care and education programs, LAUSD early education centers, family child care homes, elementary schools, parent education programs, infant care programs, school age programs, early intervention, and Resource and Referral Agencies.
- AS-T Early Childhood Education (Associate degree for transfer)
- Associate of arts degree
- California Child Development Permits
- Occupational Certificates
- Certificate of Achievement Preschool Teacher
- Certificate of Achievement Associate Preschool Teacher
- Preschool Certificate of Achievement
- Preschool Director Certificate of Achievement
- Infant Care Teacher Certificate of Achievement
- School Age Child Care Certificate of Achievement
Students should analyze these programs for their differences as well as similarities before choosing a specific option. For more information, please speak with a Pierce College Counselor, also see the FAQ page.