Phone: (818) 710-4297
Why Take Speech Communication Courses?
- All of our speech communication courses are part of a dynamic and vibrant educational experience leading to improved personal and professional communication skills, greater self-confidence, and the potential to advance in your chosen field of study and/or career.
- The Speech Communication Department offers CSU and UC Transfer general education course requirements, and general college transfer courses to most public and private four-year colleges and universities. All of are basic classes meet Pierce College CSU Transfer Certification Requirements.
- We are committed to providing students with both a theoretical understanding as well as the practical skills needed to succeed academically and professionally, and to compete in today's difficult job market.
- Did you know that in most 4-year colleges, Communication Studies is an impacted major. This means that not all applicants who apply for the major are accepted. The more lower division preparation you have in Speech Communication, the more likely you are to move to the top of the list.
- For anyone interested in a major in Speech Communication or Communication Studies, you should take all the "core" lower division classes: Speech 101, 104, 121, and 122.
- Transfer Speech Courses recommend that the student have taken English 28.