Check out Pierce College ASO!
Student Engagement Center
Location: LLC Building (1st Floor)
|Monday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 4 pm|
9 am - 4 pm
|Friday||9 am - 3 pm|
Associated Students Organization (ASO)
Located in the Library and Learning Crossroads Building in the center of campus, the Student Engagement Center is the home for Associated Students Organization (ASO), the student government body of Pierce College. ASO serves as the “voice” for students, and advocates for university policies and procedures to be student-centered while promoting the general welfare and morale of Pierce College students.
ASO strives to improve student life through campus and community events. By collaborating with student clubs and organizations, ASO supports student development, diversity initiatives, cultural activities, and service-learning events.
ASO is committed to representing student interests by participating in participatory governance. ASO is comprised of two distinct branches: The Student Senate, and The Club Council.
The Student Senate
The Student Senate is a branch of ASO/Student Government that is comprised of student representatives from each academic department at Los Angeles Pierce College.
The Club Council
The Club Council is the second branch of ASO/Student Government, and provides chartered student organizations and clubs a platform to plan and implement student-based initiatives. The Club Council is comprised of delegates from each club on campus, the Club Council President, and the ASO Advisor. Clubs can be formed by completing a Club Application Packet.
The ASO Executive Board/Officers
The ASO Executive Board/Officers is/are elected by popular vote by Pierce College students. To serve as an ASO Officer in the Executive Board, the student must:
- Pay the optional ASO fee for each semester enrolled.
- Be enrolled for a minimum of 5 units each semester.
- Maintain a current and cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Not be on academic or progress probation.
- Not have completed over 80 units at the time of election.
- Adhere to the policies set forth in the ASO Constitution and By-Laws, as well as the policies of LACCD and Pierce College.
- Adhere to ASO Election Code.
- Accept the decision of the ASO regarding any election dispute.
- Accept the results of the final voting tally.
- Attend Senate meetings every Tuesday from 1pm-3pm.
Interested in knowing more about the college's processes? Everything you may want to know about how to De-Mystify College Processes can be found here.
Student Senate of California Community Colleges General Assembly Conference, San Francisco, CA; November 2016
Student Leadership Retreat - High-ROPES course (Fulcrum Adventures), October 2016