Student Engagement Center
Location: LLC Building (1st Floor)
Phone: (818) 719.6411
|Monday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 4 pm|
9 am - 4 pm
|Friday||9 am - 3 pm|
How to get involved in ASO...
Student Leaders: If you are interested in volunteering or attending ASO or Club Activities, please come to the Student Engagement Center to find out how to get involved!
How to join ASO/Senate:
- Enroll in a minimum of 5 units.
- Maintain cumulative and current 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Receive department chair approval.
- Pay the ASO student fee ($7.00).
- Attend required meetings on Tuesdays 1:00-3:00pm.
- If you have met the eligibility requirements and would like to join ASO/Senate, you may download the application form. Please completely fill out the application and submit it in the Student Engagement Center.
ASO Senate meetings are held on Tuesdays at 1pm in the Great Hall.
Want to start an ASO Club? Complete the Start a New Club form to get involved.
How to form a new club:
- Have at least 6 members with paid ASO fees.
- Find a faculty/staff advisor who will attend club meetings and serve as an advisor to the club/organization.
- Complete a Club Chartering Application Packet.
To be an ASO Club Officer, a student must:
- Be an ASO paid member;
- Be enrolled in at least 5 units at LAPC;
- Have 80 cumulative units or less (can be appealed with the over 80 unit exemption form); and
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
If you would like to create a NEW chartered club, please complete the club chartering application and submit it in the Student Engagement Center.
If your club was chartered in the Fall 2018 semester, please complete the club re-chartering commitment form, and submit it in the Student Engagement Center.