Phone: (818) 719-6494
Fax: (818) 710-3368
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Children are enrolled for specific sessions, based on when the parents are attending classes.
|Mon - Fri||8:00 am - 12/1 pm|
|Mon - Fri||8:00 am - 3/4 pm|
The CDC offers two programs to serve the community:
- The first is a subsidized State Preschool program designed for parents from L.A. Pierce College and the surrounding community. The children in this category must be between the ages of 3 years and 5 years old. This is our larger program and must be filled first.
- The second is for Los Angeles Pierce College students with a need for child care. The children in this category must be between the ages of 2 years 9 months and 5 years old.
What are the qualifications to get my child in your program?
- Student-parents have first priority in both programs. The student-parent must be enrolled in a minimum of six units; day classes have priority over night classes. The State Preschool Program is a state subsidized program for lower income families, so parent must qualify under income guidelines designated by the State of California. All incomes are verified.
Who can participate in this program?
- Enrollment priority goes to Pierce student-parents first, then to non-students.
What is the Los Angeles Pierce College Campus Development Center (CDC)?
- We are one of nine Campus Child Development Centers of the Los Angeles Community College District.
- We promote access to higher education for parents, by providing low cost, high quality child development services, thereby promoting self-sufficiency.
- We provide a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate preschool program designed to foster optimum growth and development of the whole child.
We provide a safe and nurturing setting for all children, thereby enhancing self-esteem of the children.
- We provide an observation/field work setting for college level students studying Child Development, Psychology, Nursing, etc.