LAPC ADA Coordinator
LACCD Section 504 & ADA
Albert J. Roman
Los Angeles Community College District Office
770 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Title IX Coordinator
Dr. Earic Dixon-Peters
V.P. of Student Services
Division of Student Services
Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) strives to create learning environments to support all students. This requires instructional materials to be universally designed and/or provide accessible alternate options. In the text to follow are access to creation guidelines, training solutions and compliance information/references to aid in creation of ADA compliant documents for instructional materials for distribution, and posting online for viewing and/or download.
- Canvas Accessibility
- Creating Accessible Word Documents
- Creating Accessible PDF Documents
- Converting Word to ADA Compliant PDFs
You can find more learning resources on the Professional Learning Network (PLN).
- If it’s your first time on PLN, you’ll need to create an account by clicking “Login/Register” in the upper right.
- Once you have an account created, go the website above and click the “Learn” icon with the graduation cap.
- Click “Click here for Lynda.com” or “Skillsoft” (the words, not the video).
In the search bar at the top, type “Accessibility Training and Tutorials” (or whichever program you are looking to access) and choose a training that fits your interest/time.
- CSU Standards and Techniques Guide for Creating Accessible Microsoft Word 2010 Documents 1.0
- Microsoft Word (Mac) Cheatsheet
- Microsoft Word 2007/2010 Cheatsheet
- Microsoft Word 2013 Cheatsheet
- Adobe Acrobat X Cheatsheet
- Adobe Acrobat XI Cheatsheet
- Adobe InDesign CS 5.5 Cheatsheet
- ATI Professional Development - Adobe PDF
- PDF Conversion Cheatsheet
- ATI Professional Development - Microsoft PowerPoint Additional Resources
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Mac) Cheatsheet
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Cheatsheet
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010 Cheatsheet