Student Athlete Eligibility Requirements
Student athletes are required to complete a Student Educational Plan (SEP) with the Athletics Counselor for your first season of competition in order to remain "Eligible".
That means you will meet with the Athletics Counselor to select courses necessary for completion of an AA degree and 4- year transfer requirements. We will also discuss your short and long-term academic and career objectives. It is highly recommended that you meet with the Athletic Counselor prior to your first semester to get started.
To be Eligible you must:
- Maintain an overall 2.0 GPA after you participate in a sport (if you first enrolled in college Fall 2012 or after, you must maintain a 2.5 gpa)
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units to be eligible to participate in intercollegiate sports
- Of the 12 units, 9 units must be academic courses counting toward the Associate degree, remediation, transfer, and/or certification as defined by the college catalog and are consistent with the Students Educational Plan
- Have 24 units in between seasons to be eligible for the second season of competition
- Of the 24 units, 18 units must be academic courses counting toward the Associate degree, remediation, transfer, and/or certification as defined by the college catalog and are consistent with the Students Educational Plan
- Have a Student Education Plan (SEP) on file with the Athletic Counselor.
Transfer Students from Other California Community College
• If you competed your first season at another community college and will play your second season at Pierce, you must complete 12 units in “Residence” (at Pierce College) prior to participation in intercollegiate sports for a total of 24 units in between seasons
• Have a 2.0 GPA (If you first enrolled in college Fall 2012 or after, you must maintain a 2.5 gpa)
• A “Tracer” must be on file determining the extent of your participation at other colleges
• A transcript from the transferring college is required to determine eligibility requirements for grades and units
• You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units for the semester when on season
Transfer Students from A Four-Year University (in or out-of-state) or out-of-state Community College
• Residency Requirement is not applicable
• You must have 12 units of current enrollment at Pierce
• You must have completed 24 units from the last season of play
• You must have a 2.0 GPA from the first season of participation (If you first enrolled in college Fall 2012 or after, you must maintain a 2.5 gpa)