Student Services Bldg., 1st fl.
|Monday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Center will be closed:|
|Mar. 31, 2020: Cesar Chavez Day|
|May 25, 2020: Memorial Day|
|July 3, 2020: Independence Day|
Counseling appointments can be scheduled up to one week in advance and are available year-round with limited availability during the winter and summer semesters.
Step 1: Determine what type of counseling appointment you need:
There are 5 different types of general counseling appointments. When making an appointment, please choose the appropriate one based on your needs.
- Education Plan (60 minutes)-This is an appointment to develop a semester-by-semester education plan.
- Progress Check (60 minutes)-This is an appointment where you will review courses taken at Pierce College that apply to an associate degree, certificate, or transfer.
- Transcript Evaluation (60 minutes)-This is an appointment for detailed transcript evaluations from colleges other than Pierce College.
- Graduation Application Review (60 minutes)-This is an appointment for a review of requirements for LACCD graduation with a certificate or degree (AA/AS/AS-T/AA-T), as well as general education certification.
- General Advising (30 minutes)-This is an appointment for QUICK questions and general advising. In-depth questions can be answered but no education plans can be completed.
Step 2: Determine what type of student you are:
- New students or completed less than 24 college level units
- Students with previous coursework*
If you have taken over 24 units of college level coursework at another institution, or are a continuing student within LACCD
Veterans who need to meet with a veteran counselor regarding their veteran benefits.
- To make a counseling appointment with a veteran's counselor please email: email@example.com
Step 3: Assemble what is needed for your appointment
- A copy of your LAPC unofficial transcript
- Copies of transcripts (official or unofficial) from all other colleges attended (if applicable for transcript evaluation)
- Copies of course descriptions for all coursework taken outside of the California Community College System (CCCS) for transcript evaluation/Pass Along & Course Substitution petitions
- Copies of syllabus or Course Outline of Record for all English courses taken outside of the CCCS for transcript evaluation/Pass Along & Course Substitution Petitions