Location:Student Services Building, 1st floor
|Monday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am-4:00 pm|
Counseling appointments are scheduled up to one week in advance and are only available during the fall and spring semester. To meet with a specific counselor, select the counselor’s name and write REQUEST in the comments section.
Please CLICK ONE of the following groups:
- I am a NEW STUDENT (first year/ high school student AND/OR never attended college)
CLICK HERE to register for a New Student Group (all new students must attend a New Student Group)
If you have questions please contact the First Year Experience Counseling Center (818) 610-6508.
- I am a NEW STUDENT (I have taken 24 or more college units at another college or university)
Please call (818) 719- 6440 to make an appointment with a Counselor
- I am a CONTINUING STUDENT (previously attended a campus in the LACCD or returning to Pierce)
- Financial Aid Applicants who need an SEP (Student Education Plan) for their Financial Aid Appeal. with a Financial Aid Counselor.
This is not for NON-FINANCIAL AID STUDENTS, please use the above links for general counseling.
- HONORS appointments are made in person or by calling the Counseling Office (818) 719- 6440. Please do not make an appointment online.
What to bring to your appointment:
- A copy of your Pierce unofficial transcript
- Copies of transcripts (official or unofficial) from all other colleges attended (if applicable for transcript evaluation)
- Copies of course descriptions for all coursework taken outside of the California Community College System (for transcript evaluation/Pass Along & Course Substitution petitions)
- Copies of syllabus or Course Outline of Record for all English courses taken outside of the California Community College System (for transcript evaluation/Pass Along & Course Substitution Petitions)
Before making an appointment please review the table below to see if you need an appointment or drop-in counseling.
10-minute drop-in counseling is for
QUICK QUESTIONS about:
Cannot make an Appointment?
If you cannot make an appointment, it's due to one of these reasons:
1. All appointments are booked. Try the following day early in the morning (6-8 am) to find an available slots. Also try several times during the day.
2. If you have NOT applied to Pierce College.
3. If you applied to Pierce College and it hasn't been 24-48 hours since receiving your student ID number in your email.
Cancelling appointments/No show policy
If you fail to keep two counseling appointments in one semester, you will be restricted from making another appointment until the following semester. To prevent this from happening to you, please be sure to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your counseling appointment in one of the following ways:
1. Cancel when given the option via our automated telephone reminder system
2. Cancel via online appointment system