Student Services Bldg., 1st fl.
Fax: (818) 710-2559
|Monday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Center will be closed:|
|Mar. 31, 2020: Cesar Chavez Day|
|Apr. 6-13, 2020: Spring Break|
|May 25, 2020: Memorial Day|
|July 3, 2020: Independence Day|
3 Steps to Making an Appointment
Counseling appointments can be scheduled up to one week in advance and are available year round with limited availability during the winter and summer semesters. To meet with a specific counselor, select the counselor's name and enter "Request" in the "Comments" section.
|Drop-in meeting, a 10-15 minute session for quick questions. Topics include:||30-minute appointment meeting, with the purpose of discussing:|
Drop-in counseling is offered Monday – Thursday, 8 am - 7 pm, and Friday, 8 am - 4 pm.
***If you are experiencing any difficulties scheduling an appointment using the links below, please contact us at (818) 719-6440. ***
- New students or completed less than 24 college level units
New students who have never attended college, must register for a New Student Group at the First Year Experience (FYE) Center. To register and learn more about the FYE Center, review their web page, visit the FYE Center on campus, or call (818) 610-6508.
Until the completion of 24 college level units please call (818) 610-6508 to schedule a counseling appointment with our First Year Experience Counseling center.
- Students with previous coursework
If you have taken over 24 units of college level coursework at another institution, call (818) 719-6440 to set up a transcript evaluation appointment with a counselor in the Counseling Office.
- Continuing Students
Continuing students, those who previously attended a campus in the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) or returning to LAPC, can make an appointment online.
Veterans who need to meet with a veteran counselor regarding their veteran benefits.
- Honors Student
Appointments are made in-person at the Counseling Office or by calling (818) 719- 6440. Please do not make an appointment online.
- All appointments being booked. Try the following day early in the morning (6 - 8 am) to find an available slots. Also, try several times during the day.
- If you have not applied to LAPC.
- If you applied to LAPC and it hasn't been 24- to 48-hours since receiving your student ID number.
- A copy of your LAPC unofficial transcript
- Copies of transcripts (official or unofficial) from all other colleges attended (if applicable for transcript evaluation)
- Copies of course descriptions for all coursework taken outside of the California Community College System (CCCS) for transcript evaluation/Pass Along & Course Substitution petitions
- Copies of syllabus or Course Outline of Record for all English courses taken outside of the CCCS for transcript evaluation/Pass Along & Course Substitution Petitions
Cancelling appointments/No show policy
If you fail to keep two counseling appointments in one semester, you will be restricted from making another appointment until the following semester. Cancel at least 24- hours prior to your appointment in one of the following ways:
- Cancel when given the option via our automated telephone reminder system
- Cancel via online appointment system