Location:Student Services Building, 1st floor
|Monday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am-4:00 pm|
The counseling Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) are based on the individual counseling appointments in the General Counseling Office. Students come with differing levels of goal definition, a wide range of academic preparation, specificity in their requests, and different levels of understanding about the system.
Here is what we hope to accomplish with students, depending on their circumstances:
- Clarification of Issues/Problems
The student will understand and/or articulate the need to define clearly the issue to be addressed in Counseling before moving on to the next steps.
- Realistic Self-Assessment
The student will be aware of and/or able to critically evaluate and integrate personal factors (interests, potential, limitations, financial, family, etc) that may influence educational/career decisions.
- Educational Planning
The student will be aware of and/or able to create and put into effect a plan of action to reach an educational goal (integrating self knowledge, program demands and requirements).
Service Area Outcome
1. Students will have greater access to counseling services.
2. Students will learn important information and will experience a supportive and positive environment during counseling sessions.
3. Students will learn important information and basic academic and personal survival skills by attending Counseling Department workshops.
4. Students will have greater access to counseling services.