Student Services Bldg., 1st fl.
Fax: (818) 710-2559
|Spring 2018 Office Hours|
|Monday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
To clear a prerequisite(s) please bring the following documents to the Counseling Office:
- Unofficial or official transcript with your name.
- In some cases, course descriptions/outlines or syllabus may be required to determine the course equivalency.
- If advance placement (AP) score is used to clear a course, please bring your college board report. Please remember that only the scores of 3,4,5 are acceptable.
- All prerequisite courses must have been completed with a grade of "C" or better.
Under extenuating circumstances (out of state/out of country) this process may be done using your Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) email account. Please see steps below:
To clear pre-requisite via email, follow these steps:
- Be sure to include scanned transcripts, AP results, weblink to official course descriptions or course outlines, scanned syllabus (optional but recommended) and anything else you think would assist in verifying your waiver.
- English courses completed outside of the California Community College District must be submitted with a copy of the course syllabus.
- Make sure to clearly state your prerequisite request (course and number), complete name and Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) Student ID#.
- Send your prerequisite clearance request to email@example.com
Note: You must request your official transcripts and/or AP report to be sent directly to Pierce College Admissions & Records.