Student Services Bldg., 1st fl.
Fax: (818) 710-2559
|Spring 2018 Office Hours|
|Monday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
Evaluation of AP Exams and courses completed at other U.S. institutions
If you have completed courses at other institutions and/or AP exams, a counselor must evaluate them in order to determine appropriate course recommendations at Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC). In order to initiate the evaluation of coursework from other U.S. Regionally accredited institutions and exam scores, please review and follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Before you see a counselor, first gather the following information. A helpful checklist is available for viewing/download, as an Adobe Acrobat Portable Document File (PDF) format.
- A paper copy (can be unofficial) of all your college transcript/s and/or AP Exams that need to be evaluated. Student name, college name and courses must be listed on the transcript of the college where they were completed, and test results must be copies of original score reports.
- AP exam scores of 3 or higher may be used.
- Course descriptions for each college course completed. You can copy and paste course descriptions on a Microsoft Word document. Online college catalogs with course descriptions are available on the University/college or departmental websites. For courses completed at California Community Colleges, only copies of transcripts are necessary for a General Education Evaluation.
- A Course syllabus for English composition courses completed at non-California community colleges may be required in order for the evaluation to be completed. A counselor can advise you about whether this will be necessary.
Note: Official transcripts and/or exam scores must be mailed directly to Admissions and Records at LAPC for the Graduation Office to certify and evaluate. Hand-carried transcripts/scores are not accepted by Admissions and Records.
Step 2: Send official copies of transcript/s and exam scores to the Admissions & Records Office
Official transcripts and/or exam scores must be mailed directly to Admissions and Records at LAPC. Hand-carried transcripts/scores are not accepted by Admissions and Records.
Admissions and Records
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Step 3: See a counselor to initiate a transcript and/or exam score evaluation
- Make an appointment to see a counselor.
- Be prepared. Make sure that you bring your unofficial transcripts, course descriptions and or exam results to your meeting with a counselor. For evaluations, the counselor will need to know the purpose of the evaluation: IGETC (for UC or CSU transfer), CSU GE, or Associate Degree GE and/or Associate major. It may take more than one session to complete a transcript evaluation.
- Bring a list of your questions when you meet with the counselor.
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Students who have completed courses from an accredited university in a foreign Country may be able to apply the course credits toward an Associate degree at LAPC. To have foreign transcript evaluated, students should contact one of the approved credential evaluation agencies and request a detailed equivalency report that includes course title, semester units equivalency, and letter grade student earned. Course descriptions provided by approved credential evaluation agency are required for any courses needed for major requirements.
Please note that foreign coursework will NOT satisfy general education requirements for English Composition, U.S. History/Government as well as transfer GE requirements. The transferability of foreign courses will be determined by the transfer institution.