Location:Student Services Building, 1st floor
|Monday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am-4:00 pm|
If you have completed courses at other institutions and/or AP exams, a counselor must evaluate them in order to determine appropriate course recommendations at Pierce College. In order to initiate the evaluation of coursework from other U.S. Regionally accredited institutions and exam scores, please review and follow the instructions below:
Step 1: BEFORE YOU SEE A COUNSELOR, FIRST GATHER THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- A paper copy (can be unofficial) of all your college transcript/s and/or AP Exams that need to be evaluated. Student name, college name and courses must be listed on the transcript of the college where they were completed, and test results must be copies of original score reports.
AP exam scores of 3 or higher may be used.
- Course descriptions for each college course completed. You can copy and paste course descriptions on a word document. Online college catalogs with course descriptions are available on the University/college or departmental websites. For courses completed at California community colleges, only copies of transcripts are necessary for a General education evaluation.
- A Course syllabus for English composition courses completed at non-California community colleges may be required in order for the evaluation to be completed. A counselor can advise you about whether this will be necessary.
Note: Official transcripts and/or exam scores must be mailed directly to Admissions and Records at Pierce College for the Graduation office to certify and evaluate. Hand-carried transcripts/scores are not accepted by Admissions and Records.
Step 2: SEE A COUNSELOR TO INITIATE A TRANSCRIPT AND/OR EXAM SCORE EVALUATION:
- Make an appointment to see a counselor by clicking on appointment on counseling website.
- Be prepared- Make sure that you bring your unofficial transcripts, course descriptions and or exam results to your meeting with a counselor. For evaluations, the counselor will need to know the purpose of the evaluation: IGETC (for UC or CSU transfer), CSU GE, or Associate Degree GE and/or Associate major. It may take more than one session to complete a transcript evaluation.
- Bring a list of your questions when you meet with the counselor
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION
Students who have completed courses from a accredited university in a foreign Country may be able to apply the course credits toward an Associate degree in Pierce College. Courses must first be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency.
To have foreign transcript evaluated, students should contact one of the approved credential evaluation agencies and request a detailed equivalency report that includes course title, semester units equivalency, and letter grade student earned.
Please note that foreign coursework will NOT satisfy general education requirements for English Composition, U.S. history/Government as well as transfer GE requirements. The transferability of foreign courses will be determined by the transfer institution.