Co-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org 818.710.3354
Co-Chair email@example.com 818.710.4174
We are on facebook!
DIVERSITY COMMITTEE OF PIERCE COLLEGE
Please like it and post information about Diversity and Inclusion on the Wall!
Pierce Diversity Committee Objectives
The Diversity Committee will focus its efforts in regards to the following identified areas:
1. Access-increase opportunities for underrepresented populations to attend and succeed at Pierce College.
- Coordinate with other diversity initiatives and efforts that support and fulfill diversity
- on the campus community.
2. Awareness- spread understanding of the challenges and opportunities within a diverse society.
- Utilize the media, i.e., films, videos, to promote diversity awareness.
- Produce materials for publication in Roundup and college newsletters
3. Training- provide access to professional development for Pierce staff, faculty and students to increase their knowledge of diversity issues through workshops, seminars, discussion groups, demonstration classrooms, and conferences.
- Work with Curriculum Committee to integrate diversity into courses and introduce diversity sensitive pedagogy.