8:00am - 6:00pm (Winter/Summer close at 5:00 pm)
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Walk-in Counseling Hours
|Monday||2:00pm - 3:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 10:00am|
|Wednesday||3:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Thursday||12:00pm - 1:00pm|
|Friday||1:00pm - 2:00pm|
Los Angeles Pierce College
Student Services Bldg, 2nd Fl.
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
EOP&S Sr. Office Asst.
Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support Program (CAFYES)
Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support (CAFYES) is designed to promote the success of current and former foster youth enrolled at Pierce College. CAFYES is a program with comprehensive and coordinated sets of services that involve internal and external community partnerships for the purpose of identifying and addressing barriers (including health and well-being) for the academic success of current and former foster youth.
The program is housed within the existing community college program for educationally and economically disadvantaged students, known as Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS). The program provides service coordination, counseling, book vouchers, tutoring, career guidance, child care and transportation assistance, meal assistance, and grants to assist with the cost of books, housing and other non-tuition costs.
What are CAFYES Eligibility Requirements?
- Be a California resident or meet AB 540/California Dream Act requirements.
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee waiver)
- Former or current Foster Youth whose dependency was established on or after the youth's 16th birthday
- Be 25 years old or younger
- Student must be enrolled in at least 9 units at the time of acceptance (DSPS = 6 units or less)
What are CAFYES Services?
- Counseling and educational planning.
- Book Vouchers
- Meal Assistance
- Cash grants for education-related expenses (above and beyond EOPS)
- Transportation Assistance
- Specialized workshops on study skills, transfer requirements, time management, resume writing and much more.
- Field trips to local colleges and universities
- School supplies including notebooks, paper, backpacks, and calculators.
- Supplies for personal needs that support attendance at college
- EOPS/CAFYES community assistance including networking, family activities, and support groups.
How to Apply
Complete and submit an EOPS application and be certified eligible for the program. Once certified as an EOPS participant, students will be able to submit a CAFYES supplemental form with appropriate verification.
For more information or questions about CAFYES, contact:
EOP&S|CAFYES Counselor: Jessica Hernandez
CAFYES Peer Advisor: Williams Pena-Saravia
CAFYES Student Learning Outcomes
It is the goal of EOP&S/CAFYES to ensure that each participating student is proficient in understanding the complexities of higher education, knowledgeable of resources necessary to be successful in their studies and to achieve their objectives. EOP&S/CAFYES evaluates its effectiveness in providing quality services by identifying student learning outcomes and assessing the extent to which students have achieved those outcomes.
Students participating in the CAFYES Program will:
- Identify online strategies and necessary resources to ensure that online course (s) meet Pierce College General Education Plans.
- Be able to identify student services areas, their functions, and how they assist in their academic success.