To qualify for the EOP&S program you must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Be a California resident as determined by the Pierce College Admissions and Records Office
- Qualify for the California Promise Grant, previously called BOGG fee waiver
- Have completed less than 70 degree-applicable units, including all course work completed at other colleges and universities
- Registered in 12 or more units at Pierce College at the time of application--wait lists do not count (exception: students registered with Special Services are not required to be enrolled in 12 units)
- Have a demonstrated disadvantage met through one of the criteria listed below:
- Not qualified for English or Math required for the college degree (based on assessment results)
- No high school diploma or GED
- High school GPA below 2.5
- Have taken remedial courses
- Use English as a second language
- First-generation college student
- Emancipated foster youth
- Member of college-identified underrepresented group
Things to do before applying to EOP&S:
• Apply to Pierce College
• Enroll in 12 or more units at Pierce College (unless you are registered with Special Services)
• Apply for the California Promise Grant--for assistance, please see the Financial Aid Office• Submit an official copy of transcripts from all other colleges and universities you have attended to the Pierce College Admissions Office and an unofficial copy to the EOP&S office
• Take English and Math Placement Assessment
• Have a high school diploma ready to present if requested
The EOP&S Application Process
- Complete the Pierce College EOP&S application (a link to the application is found at the bottom of this page).
- Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer and that you have disabled the "pop-up blocker" in your web browser settings.
- You must use the Internet Explorer web browser to submit the application.
- You will receive a contact (via phone or email) regarding the status of your application.
- Do not worry about the signature page. If accepted into the program, you will sign this during your program orientation.
* There is no pop-up notification however, if you have used the Internet Explorer web browser once you click submit ONE time, we have received your application.
** Allow a minimum of 5-7 business days from the day you have submitted your application to have it processed.
The program admission process consists of three steps described below:
Step 1: Pending--Students who meet eligibility criteria described above submit the EOP&S program application. You will receive a follow-up phone call or email from our staff requesting that you submit additional documents.
Step 2: Processed (Approved or Denied)--EOP&S staff will process applications in the order received. Only one application needs to be submitted. You will receive a follow-up phone call or email from our staff indicating that your application has been approved or denied.
Step 3: Admitted--Students accepted into EOP&S will be contacted by phone or email to schedule an appointment for the EOP&S New Student Orientation. You must attend a New Student Orientation in order to be a part of the EOP&S program and have access to services.
*Disclaimer: EOP&S reserves the right to reverse the admission decision if at a later time new information becomes available rendering the student ineligible.
*Note: If it has been more than 5 business days since you have submitted your EOP&S application and you have not been contacted via email, you may call the EOP&S office at (818) 719-6422.