Types of Aid
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building, 2nd fl.
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
(818) 704-8221 fax
Financial Aid Forms
2020-2021 Academic Year
- 2020-2021 California College Promise Grant Application (previously known as Fee Waiver) - this application covers summer 2020, fall 2020, winter 2021, and spring 2021 terms. Eligibility is based on income and must be a California resident as determined by the Admissions Office. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2021.
Petition for Financial Aid Disqualification
- Petition for Reinstatement of Financial Aid: This type of petition is used when students have been disqualified for financial aid due to any or all of the following reasons: 1) cumulative GPA < 2.0 and 2) did not successfully complete at least 67% of all attempted units. To submit a petition, login to the piercecollege.verifymyfafsa.com to view further instructions and complete the petition online.
- Petition for Extension of Financial Aid: This type of petition is used when a student has attempted 150% or more units required of their academic program, and/or completed an Associated degree or higher outside of Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD). To submit a petition, login to the LACCD student portal to view the checklist item for a link to complete the online petition form. Students will also need to make an appointment with an Academic Counselor to develop a comprehensive student educational plan.
- 2nd Petition for Reinstatement of Financial Aid: Students who have been denied their Petition for Reinstatement may submit a 2nd petition. The 2nd petition will be displayed by logging in to the piercecollege.verifymyfafsa.com. Take note of the deadlines to submit petitions (all levels).
- 2nd Petition for Extension of Financial Aid: Use this form if your 1st petition for extension has been denied and wish to request for a 2nd petition and submit the completed petition to firstname.lastname@example.org. Take note of the deadlines to submit petitions (all levels).
- Petition for Revised Educational Plan and Change in Program Plan (Major) - if you need to submit a petition due to change in major or revision of your student educational plan, contact our Financial Aid Advisors through CraniumCafe for further instructions.