Types of Aid
Office Hours Spring 2018
|Monday||8am - 4pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 4pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 6pm|
|Thursday||8am - 6pm|
|Friday||8am - 12pm|
Financial Aid Rep. at the Library
During Spring 2018
|Monday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||12:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||12:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
Financial Aid Office
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
(818) 704-8221 Fax
1. Before you apply for financial aid, determine your Eligibility
Review the minimum requirements to be considered for financial assistance.
2. Understand the different types of aid available
Scholarships are gift-aid awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and in some cases, additional criteria such as study in a particular major, leadership, or financial need. Go to the Los Angeles Pierce College Financial Aid Office Scholarship Opportunities web page.
Grants are gift-aid, which do not have to be repaid.
Loans (self-help aid) are funds which must be repaid.
3. Apply for Financial Aid with FAFSA
- To receive full consideration for Los Angeles Pierce College awards, you must first submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Renewal FAFSA by the March 2nd priority application deadline. The Los Angeles Pierce College Federal School Code is 001226.
- Students who want to apply for limited funding programs (such as Federal Work-Study, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants and Perkins Loans) will need to submit and complete their financial aid file by May 1st priority funding deadline.
- Late applications will only be considered for the Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Stafford Loans. Please note that applying for financial aid late may cause delay in funding.
Additional Financial Aid Information
For comprehensive information on Financial Aid in the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), view or download the 2017-2018 Los Angeles Community College District 'Your Helping Hand to Understanding Financial Aid' brochure, available as an Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
Links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and/or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and/or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Some of the documents posted/linked on this page for viewing and/or download, and inside their subsequent folders, that have been created by staff and/or associates of Los Angeles Pierce College, have been self-designated to be out of ADA-compliance.
Starting on January 2, 2018, all efforts will be made to revise the current self-created, non-compliant documents to be in compliance and any new material posted/linked from these pages or departmental web sites, beyond the stated date, will be assembled to adhere to ADA-compliance standards for Microsoft® Word and/or Adobe® Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) documents.
Additionally, any documents provided to and posted/linked by Los Angeles Pierce College created by a source other that the staff and/or associates of Los Angeles Pierce College, will be screened for compliance. If the document(s) are found to be out of compliance, every effort will be made to allow the outside source to re-create a compliant document, suitable for posting/linking. Los Angeles Pierce College Web Services and IT Department do not have access or administrative rights to any documents provided and/or created by an outside source, nor the authority to revise, change and/or modify those documents. ADA-compliance is the sole responsibility of said outside source and must adhere to ADA-compliance standards for Microsoft® Word and Adobe® Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) documents, and Section 508 Compliance Guidelines.