Types of Aid
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building, 2nd fl.
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
(818) 704-8221 fax
We are committed to the wellness of students beyond academics. Our goal is to provide students with tools and resources to become financially fit and financially independent. We offer financial literacy workshops and one-on-one financial counseling. Financial wellness areas of support we provide are the following:
- Financial Goal Setting
- Banking Basics
- Credit Education
- Debt Repayment Education
- Saving and Retirement Education
What to expect when you meet with a financial counselor one-on-one:
- You will be meeting with an trained financial counselor for one hour.
- The financial counselor will ask some questions to get to know you and help you to develop goals and vision for your future.
- Next, you will receive help to gain a greater understanding of where you financially stand today. Please be prepared to provide information regarding any bank accounts or loan balances.
- You will have the opportunity to work together with the financial counselor to create a spending plan to achieve your goals during your time at LA Pierce College.
- Lastly, a list of next steps that you and the financial counselor agree upon so will guide you moving forward.
To schedule a one-on-one appointment to discuss your finances, please email email@example.com.
Free help for managing your money with CashCourse
Los Angeles Pierce College has partnered with the non-profit National Endowment for Financial Education to offer CashCourse, a FREE resource for managing your money.
CashCourse can help you:
- Build a budget for when you're in school
- Understand your Financial Aid
- Pay back student loans
- Get started with saving and investing
- Prepare for your first job (or your next job)
To get started, visit the CashCourse web site and register as a student. Select "Los Angeles Pierce College" as school of attendance.
Check your credit report periodically for accuracy
Due to the passage of the 2003 Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), all Americans are entitled to one FREE credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. There are three ways you can request your free credit report:
- Online: Annual Credit Report
- Call (877) 322-8228
- Download and complete the Annual Credit Report Request form, available as an Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) file, and mail to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Education Service Only; No Advice is Provided
Our service is purely educating students and provide them with tools and resources. We do not provide investment, legal or tax advice. The information provided is for general educational purposes only, and is not intended to substitute for the advice of your investment, legal, and/or tax advisors or to be the basis of specific trading or investment activities. If you need investment legal and/or tax advise, please consult with a professional.
The links to third-party financial resources are provided as a convenience for informational purposes only. Neither Los Angeles Pierce College or the Financial Aid Office endorses or approves any of the products, services, opinions of the entities or individuals associated with these links.Links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and/or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and/or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.