Facts & Resources
Spring 2015 Office Hours
|Monday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 6 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 6 pm|
Financial Aid Office
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Financial Aid Email: email@example.com
Financial Aid Office Phone #: 818-719-6428FAX: 818-704-8221
Federal School Code: 001226
Veterans Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans Phone #: 818-710-3316 ext 3316
Guardian Scholars Email: email@example.com
Scholarships are gift-aid awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and in some cases, additional criteria such as study in a particular major, leadership, or financial need.
Scholarships opportunities for Pierce College students:
- ASIST - Executive Women International Adult Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship Program - The ASIST Scholarship is a non-discriminatory, educational scholarship program for the benefit of non-traditional students pursuing an associates, bachelor or master's degree. These include person who:
- Past high school age and who are entering a college, university, or trade school and/or the workforce for the first time
- Non-traditional students already enrolled in a college, university, or trade school program
- Re-training due to changes in the workplace
- Otherwise are not the traditional college, university, or trade school, recently finished with high school
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2015
- Click HERE for the application form, eligibility requirements and instructions.
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship - Five $1,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long term care administration. For more information about this scholarship go to: www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2015
Scholarship opportunities through the Pierce College Foundation:
Free Scholarship Search Engines:
There are hundreds of thousands of scholarship opportunities. The best way to seek and apply for scholarships is through the World Wide Web, which is free. Students may use the computers in the Financial Aid Lobby during business hours to search for scholarships. Below are free scholarship search engines you may use:
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
Scholarships are also offered by outside agencies and foundations and are awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and in some cases, additional criteria.
|Scholarship Name||How to Apply||Deadline|
|Student Resource Guide||Student Resource Guide||Varies|
|National Merit Scholarship||www.nationalmerit.org||Varies|
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund||www.hsf.net||Varies|
|Latino College Dollars||www.latinocollegedollars.org||Varies|
|United Negro College Fund||www.uncf.org||Varies|
|Gates Millennium Scholars Program||www.gmsp.org||Varies|
|International Students Scholarships||www.iefa.org||Varies|
|McDonalds in Education||www.mcdonalds.com||Varies|
|Target All-Around Scholarships||www.target.com||Varies|
|LatPro Scholarship||http://learn.latpro.com||April 30, 2015|
|Scholarship Resources for Undocumented Students||Educators for Fair Consideration||Varies|
Scholarship Scam Alert
There are many businesses who would like to sell you the opportunity for them to search for scholarships for you. They will promise to locate several sources of scholarships which you qualify for. Be aware! We discourage paying anyone to search scholarships on your behalf. Below are scholarship scam warning signs:
The fee. The best rule of thumb: financial aid should never cost you. Never invest anything beyond the cost of a postage stamp in seach for scholarships.
The "money-back guarantee" - especially if the company tries to 'guarantee' that you will win an award.
Credit card verification - if they ask for a checking account or credit card information for 'verification' or to 'confirm eligibility', stop listening. Scammers use this ploy to get your financial information and then drain your account or run up charges on your credit card.
Disclaimer: Some websites to which the Financial Aid Office provide links are for the convenience of users and are not managed or maintained by Pierce College Financial Aid Office. The college and the Financial Aid Office do not review, control, or take responsibility for the contents of those sites.