Facts & Resources
Fall 2014 Office Hours
|Monday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 6 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 12 Noon|
Financial Aid Office
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Financial Aid Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid Office Phone #: 818-719-6428
Veterans Office Email: email@example.com
Veterans Phone #: 818-710-3316
Federal School Code: 001226
Scholarships are gift-aid awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and in some cases, additional criteria such as study in a particular major, leadership, or financial need.
Scholarships opportunities for Pierce College students:
- Udall Undergraduate ScholarshipThe Udall Scholarship recognizes Native American and Alaskan Native undergraduates with the commitment and potential to make significant contributions to tribal public policy or Native American health care. This scholarship is for students pursuing careers related to: Tribal Public Policy, Native American Health Care, or The Environment. To learn more about the scholarship, go to www.udall.gov. Scholarship benefits: 1) Up to $5,000 for educational expenses, 2) A chance to meet other student leaders from around the country at the Udall Scholar Orientation, 3) Access to an active and growing network of alumni ready and willing to help with the post-undergrad transition.
- How to apply: The student must be nominated by Pierce College's Udall Faculty Representative. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the faculty representative reviews your academic record and qualifies based on the field of study on your student record, you will be sent an email with your login and password to complete the Udall Scholarships Application.
- Application deadline: February 12, 2015
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship - This scholarship is a highly selective scholarship for community college students seeking to complete their bachelor's degrees at 4-year colleges or universities. The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year.
- Click HERE to learn more about the scholarship and program eligibility.
- Application deadline: December 2, 2014 (5:00pm Central Time). Parent forms (if applicable) and recommendation forms are due December 9, 2014 (5:00pm Central Time).
- How to apply: Click HERE to learn more about the application process.
Scholarship opportunities through the Pierce College Foundation:
Free Scholarship Search Engines:
There are hundreds of thousands of scholarship opportunities. The best way to seek and apply for scholarships is through the World Wide Web, which is free. Students may use the computers in the Financial Aid Lobby during business hours to search for scholarships. Below are free scholarship search engines you may use:
FastWeb - www.fastweb.com
Wired Scholar - www.wiredscholar.com
Sallie Mae - www.salliemae.com/freemoney
College Board - http://apps.collegeboard.com/cbsearch_ss/welcome.jsp
CollegeNet MACH25 - www.collegenet.com/mach25/app
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
Scholarships are also offered by outside agencies and foundations and are awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and in some cases, additional criteria.
|Scholarship Name||How to Apply||Deadline|
|Student Resource Guide||Student Resource Guide||Varies|
|National Merit Scholarship||www.nationalmerit.org||Varies|
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund||www.hsf.net||Varies|
|Latino College Dollars||www.latinocollegedollars.org||Varies|
|United Negro College Fund||www.uncf.org||Varies|
|Gates Millennium Scholars Program||www.gmsp.org||Varies|
|International Students Scholarships||www.iefa.org||Varies|
|McDonalds in Education||www.mcdonalds.com||Varies|
|Target All-Around Scholarships||www.target.com||Varies|
|LatPro Scholarship||http://learn.latpro.com||April 30, 2015|
|Scholarship Resources for Undocumented Students||Educators for Fair Consideration||Varies|
Scholarship Scam Alert
There are many businesses who would like to sell you the opportunity for them to search for scholarships for you. They will promise to locate several sources of scholarships which you qualify for. Be aware! We discourage paying anyone to search scholarships on your behalf. Below are scholarship scam warning signs:
The fee. The best rule of thumb: financial aid should never cost you. Never invest anything beyond the cost of a postage stamp in seach for scholarships.
The "money-back guarantee" - especially if the company tries to 'guarantee' that you will win an award.
Credit card verification - if they ask for a checking account or credit card information for 'verification' or to 'confirm eligibility', stop listening. Scammers use this ploy to get your financial information and then drain your account or run up charges on your credit card.
Disclaimer: Some websites to which the Financial Aid Office provide links are for the convenience of users and are not managed or maintained by Pierce College Financial Aid Office. The college and the Financial Aid Office do not review, control, or take responsibility for the contents of those sites.