2nd Flr., Student Services Bldg.
6201 Winnetka Ave, PMB 345
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
(818) 713-8022 Fax
Office Location Map
Spring & Fall Hours
|Monday||8:30 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 7 pm|
8:30 am - 7 pm
|Friday||8:30 am - 2 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 4 pm|
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
The staff at Pierce College Student Health Center is committed to work with you to keep you in good health. We wish for everyone to feel comfortable coming to the Student Health Center for medical health and wellness issues. Here is a summary of your rights and responsibilities as a user of the Student Health Center.
You have a right to have your dignity as an individual recognized and respected, regardless of your race, age, sex, or lifestyle. You should expect that all clinicians will introduce themselves and will address you according to your preference.
You have a right to privacy. You should expect that your discussion, examination, and treatment will be conducted in privacy. You should expect that the presence of any individual will be explained to you and they will be introduced by name.
You have a right to confidentiality to all communications and records relating to you. Your permission must be obtained before we may give information to anyone not directly connected with your care. This applies to your parents and college officials. Exceptions required by law include reporting communicable diseases, threats of suicide or homicide, or suspected child abuse and domestic violence.
The medical record is the property of the Student Health Center. As outlined by laws of California, you have the right to review your medical record and have a copy thereof if you so desire.
You will be expected to be an active participant in decisions regarding your health. You have a right to know and understand:
- Our assessment of your problem.
- What tests are being done and why.
- The risks of any tests or treatment.
- Alternatives, if any, and their risks.
- The prospects for resolution of your problem.
- The charges, if any, for your care.
You have a right to expect pleasant and courteous service.
As a consumer of Pierce College Student Health Center, you have responsibilities as well as rights. These responsibilities include the following:
- Your health is a shared responsibility.
- Be honest and direct in a courteous fashion about everything that relates to your needs for health care.
- Be sure you understand your health situation. If you do not understand the treatment plan or test, ask the clinician to explain. Follow the prescribed plan. It is your responsibility to advise us if you cannot follow the plan.
- Be sure to call if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment.
If you feel that your rights have not been respected, ask to see or call the Director of the Student Health Center at (818) 710-4270.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact:
Beth Benne, Director
Pierce College Student Health Center
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, California 91371