|FAQs for Students|
|FAQs for Faculty|
|Advisory Board Members|
Pierce College Honors Transfer Program
ACT (Apply. Commit. Transfer.)
The Honors Transfer Program (HTP) at Pierce College has been established to meet the needs of students that are highly motivated and want to succeed.
Why should I join? It enhances your ability to transfer from Pierce College to competitive, participating universities like UCLA.
What are the requirements for joining the HTP?
1) Be eligible to take English 101 (completed English 28, completed 101, OR was placed in 101)
2a) For entering freshmen: have a minimum high school GPA of 3.00
2b) For continuing college students: have a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 or better (minimum of 9 units) in all UC transferable units.
Note: It is highly recommended that you have at least two full semesters (excluding winter and summer intersessions) of coursework remaining. We highly encourage you to meet with the Honors Counselor (Dr. Cristina Rodriguez) and make sure that you are able to complete Honors program requirements as well as the transfer requirements you have remaining.
What are the requirements for completing the HTP?
1) Have at least 3.25 GPA on all University of California transferable courses at the time of completion,
2) Complete five (minimum 15 units) formal honors courses (to become UCLA TAP certified, you must have 15 units)
We will accept applications AT ANY TIME. However, the following due dates are to ensure that your application will be reviewed in time for you to be accepted the corresponding semester. Please keep in mind that once classes start, registration and participation is based on the college’s academic calendar.
Deadline for Students to Submit Applications
Deadline for Staff to Process Applications and Email Students
How should I apply?
Fill out the Application (click on Application)
TAP and TAG Agreement
UCLA TAP Guide for Pierce College Honors Students
Honors Transfer Program Annual Calendar
*** Honors Program Application: All Year Around
- September 1-30: TAG Applications
- October: IGETC and CSU Certification
- November: UCLA TAP Conference
- November 1-30: UC Applications Filling Period
- November 1-March 1: Online Registration for HTCC
- December 31: All Official Transcripts from other colleges must be submitted to the Admissions
- December: HTCC Student Research Application Period
- Late January: HTCC Acceptance Notification
- First Monday of February: TAP Applications are due
- Second Monday of February: Confirmation Email is Sent to TAP Applicants
- Third Monday of February: Certification Date
- Late March or Early April: HTCC Student Research Conference
- Mid-April/Early May: Admit/Deny letters mailed on a rolling basis
Workshop: What Faculty and Students Need to Know about Pierce's Honors Program and Transfer
Thursday 10/30, 10-11 am, CTC Workshop Room (Student Services Building, 1st Floor)
Contract NOTE: contracts can be done ONLY for those students who joined the honors transfer program BEFORE Fall 2013.
Mitra Hoshiar, Ed. D.
Director, Honors Program
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:(818) 710-2244
Senior Office Assistant
email@example.com Phone:(818) 710-2888
Director, Transfer Center
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (818) 710-2277
Cristina Rodriguez, Ed. D.
Phone: (818) 710-4338