Honors Transfer Program
Office: Alder 1000
CERTIFICATION INSTRUCTIONS (Please read before starting on your certification form)
IMPORTANT UPDATE for those with AP or IB exam units
If you have any AP or IB test scores that you are using toward meeting the 60 UC transferrable units required for transfer, please include a copy of your score report from the testing agency when you submit your Certification forms.
HONORS / UCLA TAP CERTIFICATION DEADLINE JANUARY 31, 2018
MANDATORY FOR ALL HTP STUDENTS WHO ARE SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS TO TRANSFER FALL 2018
If you are applying to transfer now in hopes of starting at UCLA or another 4-year college or university next fall and would like to be Honors/UCLA TAP certified, please follow the instructions below and submit all materials to the Counseling department by 6pm on Wednesday January 31st.
- Thoroughly read through the example UCLA TAP Certification Form attached below & pay attention to the details highlighted in yellow and noted in red!
- Download & print unofficial copies of ALL college or university transcripts (including Pierce) - you will need to attach them when you submit the certification form. To access your unofficial Pierce/LACCD transcript, follow these instructions
- Download the attached fillable PDF version of the certification form and fill out each section exactly as instructed in the second image below. You do not need to complete the second page.
- Print out your completed certification form and sign the student signature line and date it with a black or blue pen. Forms will not be processed without a student signature.
- Staple together all college & university unofficial transcripts to the printed & signed certification form and submit it to the Counseling Department (Student Services Building, first floor behind the information desk). Make sure to tell the front desk staff that you are submitting this form for Honors certification.
If you are having any difficulty viewing the example images below or the PDF attachment to this email, you may also find copies on the Honors program website: http://www.piercecollege.edu/offices/honors/index.asp For questions about the certification process or how to complete the form, please email email@example.com
ALL FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE COUNSELING OFFICE BY 6:00PM WEDNESDAY JANUARY 31, 2018
Important notes on how to accurately fill out the certification form:
- UC Application ID #: Look for this 7-digit number on your UC application summary that was emailed to you or leave it blank if you can't find it.
- UCLA College Major & Alternate College Major listed on UC application: This must exactly match what you submitted on your application. Please review the UCLA TAP Alternate major policy
- For Counselor use only Box: Please fill in this information with only your UC transferable Units & GPA - these are marked on your transcript with a UC next to the course (see first image below). The Pierce Transfer center website has a link to download an excel GPA Calculator and a copy is also attached to this email. Remember that Pierce and all LACCD campuses use Semester Units so enter them in Column D. If you have coursework from a college or university that used Quarter Units, use the GPA Calculator and enter those units in Column C (this will automatically convert them to semester units). Write in the Total Units & Total Grade Points as it appears in Row 55. You must include UC transferable units & grades from ALL colleges or universities attended!
- List the Courses that meet your Community College's Honors/Scholars Program Requirements: List your most recent semester (Term) on the top row and include only the honors sections. If you still have a course in progress leave the grade column blank. Courses must be listed exactly as they appear on assist.org. Please note: If you took honors courses elsewhere prior to joining our program, only two of them will be used toward certification. Also in order to be certified, at least two honors courses must be completed at LAPC by the end of fall prior to transfer (Fall 2017).
- Student signature: You must print out the filled out form and then sign in in blue or black pen and date it before submitting. Also write in your LACCD / Pierce Student ID number (starts with a 88 or 9000) in the top right corner of the form.
- Print out and attach copies of ALL college or university transcripts including Pierce!
Reminder: If you’ve listed another college as the last one attended, please let us know. Also, if for any reason you need to re-apply next year, you will need to be re-certified since this is part of the application process. It won’t go on your transcripts a second time, but it will allow your application to be handled appropriately.
Image 1: Example of which courses to include (and to not include) on certification form: