Pierce College: General Rental Information
NOTICE: Due to ongoing construction delays and date slippages, the college is unable to commit to event requests beyond 50 days.
- Pierce College buildings and grounds may be used by citizens and outside
organizations subject to the prior approval of the College with priority
given to educational and civic activities. An approved Pierce College Civic
Center Permit or Permit for Use is required for all such activities and all
applications will be reviewed for health, safety, security and other impacts
to the college community.
- Administrative Services issues all Civic Center Permits and Permits for
Use. No other college department or employee may accept compensation from
individuals or organizations applying for or holding a Civic Center Permit
or Permit for Use.
- Campus Facilities Requests are issued by Administrative Services for the
use of facilities and grounds by Pierce College employees for college
sponsored educational events and activities.
- A separate application must be completed for each event/activity
conducted at Pierce College. If an activity spans more than one day, the
same form may be used if they are all related.
- Applications must be received a minimum of 45 days prior to the event
date for processing and approval. The college president approves all
requests for events on the campus. Incomplete packets/documentation will not
go forward. For example, documents with original signatures that have not
been received, insurance certificates that do not name Pierces College and
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) as named insured, or
payments and/or deposits that have not been received, will not go forward.
The applicant will be notified when their event has been given final
- If an entity desires to use the college’s facilities more than 14 times
in one fiscal year, then a contract is required vs. a Permit for Use. The
Permit for Use is issued by the college while the contract is approved by
the Board of Trustees and issued from the Los Angeles Community College
District Office. This process takes more than a month to be issued. However,
the requestor will be given a copy of the contract pending approval of the
Board of Trustees. Signed contracts will be mailed to the requestor’s
residence from the District Office.
- Use of campus facilities requires the permit holder to obtain their own
insurance policy in the amount of $1M, naming Pierce College and the Los
Angeles Community College District as additionally insured. For long term
contracts, make sure that your current insurance policy covers you for all
the contract dates. It will be the requestor’s responsibility to submit a
renewal policy if the contract dates overlap policies. The contract will
terminate if the current insurance is not received.
- An employee of the Los Angeles Community College District may not
sponsor and/or promote an event on the college campus with the intent to
by-pass the permit/fee process.
- In order for the District’s sophisticated computer system to accept
payment, a vendor information form must be completed and submitted with your
- The college does not have tables, chairs, table cloths, public address
systems for rent. Use of college owned property (vehicles, tools, ladders,
etc.) may not be used due to insurance and legal liabilities.
- Advanced advertising is not permitted until a signed permit is in place.
- Payment is required a minimum of 14 days before an event, and is due
upon receipt of permit. Some activities will require a deposit.
- Warming or cooking food in the gym lobby is not permitted at any time,
and the permit is subject to immediate cancellation/termination for any
health and/or safety violation. Any external bbq, grill, open fire, and tent
structures will require a separate permit issued by the Los Angeles Fire
- Refunds will not be issued for any changes or cancellations to permits
that have already been processed and issued to the requestor.