General Education Plans:
Major Prep UC/CSU:Tweets by @PierceCTC
- Fall 2015 applications cycle: November 1- 30, 2014.
- Click here for Application Workshop slides
- Fall 2015 TAG application cycle: September 1-30, 2014
The University of California system is made up of nine undergraduate campuses where most students engage in research to enhance their classroom education. Transferring to a UC campus is a very competitive process. Students need to complete their major preparation courses as found on www.assist.org as well as their general education. Most campuses and majors accept IGETC to meet the general education requirements. Students should consult with a Pierce College Counselor and/or an University Representative to create an educational plan to meet their UC goals.
To transfer to a UC campus you must complete at a minimum: 60 UC transferable units, 2.4 GPA, & the seven course breadth pattern of general education:
- Two transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) in English composition
- One transferable college course (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units) in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning;
- Four transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) chosen from at least two of the following subject areas:
- arts and humanities
- social and behavioral sciences
- physical and biological sciences
To be a competitive applicant, please refer to your major requirements on www.assist.org as well as the Pierce College Transfer Statistics link to see the average admitted Grade Point Average by campus.
You will need to apply nearly one year in advance, click here for deadlines.
Follow the link to all UC campuses below:
|UC Berkeley||UC Davis|
|UC Irvine||UC Los Angeles|
|UC Merced||UC Riverside|
|UC San Diego||UC Santa Barbara|
|UC Santa Cruz|
Other UC Links:
- UC Transfer Admission Planner
- UC Cost of Tuition
- How to transfer to a UC workshop
- Writing your personal statement workshop
- UC Transfer Information
- UC Admissions Website
- 2014-2015 IGETC
- Want to go to UC Berkeley?
- Meet with UC Santa Barbara Admissions
- TAG Transfer Admission Guarantee
- UC Statewide Transfer Prep Paths
- UCLA Transfer Admission Guide
- Personal Statement Tips
- Writing your personal statement workbook
- Cross Enrollment -
Class at a UC for only $24 per unit
- UC Appeals Workshop