Student Services Building
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Transfer ❤s Social Media
Tweets by PierceCTC
Major Prep UC/CSU
The University of California system is made up of nine undergraduate campuses where most students engage in research to enhance their classroom education. Transferring to a UC campus is a very competitive process. Students need to complete their major preparation courses as found on www.assist.org as well as their general education. Most campuses and majors accept IGETC to meet the general education requirements. Students should consult with a Pierce College Counselor and/or an University Representative to create an educational plan to meet their UC goals.
To transfer to a UC campus you must complete at a minimum: 60 UC transferable units, 2.4 GPA, & the seven course breadth pattern of general education:
- Two transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) in English composition
- One transferable college course (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units) in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning;
- Four transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) chosen from at least two of the following subject areas:
- arts and humanities
- social and behavioral sciences
- physical and biological sciences
To be a competitive applicant, please refer to your major requirements on www.assist.org as well as the Pierce College Transfer Statistics link to see the average admitted Grade Point Average by campus.
You will need to apply nearly one year in advance,
To help you see the major requirements for common majors at the 9 UC campuses, reference the UC Pathways Guide!
- Fall 2018 application cycle: November 1- 30, 2017
- UC Application Workshops
- Click here for Application Workshop slides
- Click here for Personal Insight Questions Workshop Slides
Are you a Bruin at heart? Check out this helpful info:
UCLA published video links for transfer info:
Top Five Tips for Successful Transfer Transition
Transfer Admission to UCLA School of Nursing
Transfer Admission to UCLA School of Engineering
Follow the link to each UC campuses below:
|UC Berkeley||UC Davis|
|UC Irvine||UC Los Angeles|
|UC Merced||UC Riverside|
|UC San Diego||UC Santa Barbara|
|UC Santa Cruz|