Office Hours Spring 2020
|Monday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Applying to a University
You must file an application by the deadline to be considered for admission to a university. The University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) campuses have a systemwide application that is submitted electronically. However, some campuses and majors require a specific supplemental application. California Private and Out-of-state Universities each have their own applications and deadlines.
Application Priority Filing Period
University of California (UC)
Fall quarter or semester: November 1-30
Winter/spring quarter or semester: July 1-31
Apply to UC
- UC Application Workshops
- UC How-To Video
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Applying
- UC Application Tips
- UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP)
- UC Limitations on Transfer Credit
UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQ) Help
- Attend a Personal Insight Question Brainstorm Workshop in the Summer or Fall to learn important information and begin drafting your responses.
- Brainstorm dates in the Transfer Center: Click for Schedule
- Review the UC's PIQ resources.
- Submit drafts and meet with us.
- After attending a brainstorm session or viewing the online resources, we recommend that you either schedule an appointment with a counselor or a UC Rep in the Transfer Center to have your draft reviewed or drop by the Transfer Center for support from our Peer Mentors who are well trained on PIQ Review.
- If you cannot make an appointment with the Transfer Center, you can also work with the Pierce College Center for Academic Success.
California State University (CSU)
Application Priority Filing Period
Fall quarter or semester: October 1-December 4
Spring quarter or semester: August 1-31
Apply to CSU
- CSU Application Workshops
- Cal State Apply Help Center
- Application Guide
- Transfer Credit Entry Guide
- Guide for Undocumented Students
- Fee Waiver Checklist
- Impaction at the CSU
- CSU Transcript & Supplemental App Deadlines (Coming soon)
- CSU Application Workshop Slides
CSU Academic Update Instructions
The CSU Application Update typically opens the first or second week in January and must be submitted by January 31st.
- Log in to the application: https://www2.calstate.edu/apply
- Select "Academic History"
- Select "Transcript Entry"
- Scroll to the school(s) that need grades updated, and select "Edit"
- Select the pencil icon
- Change "Completion Status" from "In Progress/Planned" to "Completed"
- Put in grades, and select "Save"
- Make any changes to the courses you're taking in the current semester and select "Save"
- Review changes under "Check Status" and "Download App"
- Complete any other prompts to exit
California Independent Colleges and Out-of-state Universities
Check the university's website for the application process and deadlines. Many of these campuses utilize the Common Application.
- The Common Application
- Transfer Deadlines, Fees & Requirements
- Help Videos
- College Report Cover Sheet
- College Report Form
- Transfer Instructions
- Common Application Workshop Slides
- Fee waiver form for private universities
College Report Procedures
Some schools may require a Transfer College Report. Please check on the website of each private school to confirm. If they require this report, follow these directions:
- Download the "Transfer College Report" from HERE or from your Common App Account. Save it to your computer. (PDF, DOC, and DOCX formats are accepted). Fill out the top section that includes your name and Common App ID (available in the upper right-hand corner of the application).
- Complete the College Report Cover Sheet you will need to provide a list of all colleges and their mailing addresses.
- Drop off the Transfer College Report and the cover sheet at the Pierce College Admissions & Records Office, Click on Live Chat
- Admissions & Records will complete the form and send it on your behalf to the colleges on the list you provide.
Other Common Application forms requesting midterm grades (such as "Midterm Report" and "Final Year Report"), high school information, or counselor statement CANNOT be completed by the A&R Office and should NOT be included with the transcript request form as they will not be completed or sent. The student is responsible for contacting the appropriate individuals for completion of those forms. Not all schools require these other forms. Some of these forms can be uploaded into the common app. Check with each university on your list on procedure
Transfer Application Timeline
The Transfer Center offers Application Workshops in the Summer & Fall. Please check Transfer Center calendar for dates/times.