Office Hours Spring 2018
|Monday||9am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 7pm|
|Thursday||9am - 7pm|
|Friday||8am - 4pm|
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
BUILD PODER - Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity (BUILD) Promoting Opportunities for Diversity in Education and Research PODER
Are you interested in Justice, Health, and a Research Career? Advocate for health equity in your community and further your education while getting PAID!
BUILD PODER is a paid undergraduate research training program designed to prepare students for careers in behavioral, biomedical, and health science research at California State University, Northridge (CSUN).
Join us for the Spring 2018 BUILD PODER Application Workshops on January 17th, February 14th and 21st at the Los Angeles Pierce College Transfer Center, from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm. Additional information is available on our BUILD PODER Application Workshops flyer, available for viewing and download as an Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) file.There are two types of applicants for this program
- Continuing Los Angeles Pierce College student;
- Los Angeles Pierce College Transfer student to CSUN.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or Higher
- US Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident
- Full-time Student (minimum 12 units)
- Open to all STEM majors
- Have 1-year remaining prior to transferring (Continuing LAPC students only)
- 1-year Commitment
- Applying to transfer to CSUN (LAPC Transfer Student to CSUN only)
- 2-year Commitment
- Commitment to Pursuing a Graduate Degree
- Monthly Paychecks
- 60% Tuition Assistance (LAPC Transfer Students to CSUN only)
- Free Tutoring
- Hands-on Research Experience
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Mentoring and Community Support
- Professional Development
- Conference Travel Funds
In the Fall semester, you can meet a CSUN BUILD PODER Representative in the Transfer Center (Student Services Building) on Wednesdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Go to and complete the CSUN BUILD PODER Online Application to apply. Application period is from January 1st to March 1st, 2018.
To be added to the CSUN BUILD PODER e-mail listserv, go to and complete the CSUN BUILD PODER Interest Form.
For additional information, please contact Veronica Villasenor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cristina Torres at email@example.com or call (818) 677-4866. Our office is located at CSUN in Oviatt 21.