Student Services Building
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Transfer ❤s Social Media
Tweets by PierceCTC
Major Prep UC/CSU
BUILD PODER - Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity (BUILD) Promoting Opportunities for Diversity in Education and Research (PODER)
Are you interested in Justice, Health, and a Research Career? Advocate for health equity in your community and further your education while getting PAID!
BUILD PODER is a paid undergraduate research training program designed to prepare students for careers in behavioral, biomedical, and health science research at California State University, Northridge (CSUN).
There are two types of applicants for this program
- Continuing Los Angeles Pierce College student;
- Los Angeles Pierce College Transfer student to CSUN.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or Higher
- US Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident
- Full-Time Student (minimum 12 units)
- Open to all STEM majors
- Have 1-year remaining prior to transferring (Continuing LAPC students only)
- 1-year commitment
- Applying to transfer to CSUN (LAPC Transfer Student to CSUN only)
- 2-year commitment
- Commitment to Pursuing a Graduate Degree
- Monthly Paychecks
- 60% Tuition Assistance (LAPC Transfer Students to CSUN only)
- Free Tutoring
- Hands-on Research Experience
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Mentoring and Community Support
- Professional Development
- Conference Travel Funds
This Fall semester, you can meet us in the Transfer Center (Student Services Building) on Wednesdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm. We look forward in meeting you!
The online application opens from January 1st to March 1st! Visit our website to apply!
Want to be added to our email listserv? Please fill out the Interest Form. For more information, please contact Veronica Villasenor at email@example.com or Cristina Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (818) 677-4866. Our office is located at CSUN in Oviatt 21.