Office Hours Spring 2020
|Monday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Transfer to a University of California (UC) Campus
Go to the UC Campuses web page to find out more about the nine UC campuses and to explore your options.
- Completion of 60 UC transferable units
- Completion of English and Math general education requirements
- Two English Courses: English 101 and English 102 or 103 or Philosophy 5
- One Math Course: Math 227 or 238 or 260 or 261 or 262 or Statistics 1
- Four transferable college courses chosen from at least two of the following subject areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Physical and Biological Sciences
- Minimum 2.4 GPA- may vary by campus & major
- Explore, research, and reflect on your goals (Eureka.org)
- Select a Major
- Select a minimum of 3 - 5 campuses that offer your major
- Complete your General Education (GE) coursework by following the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
- Complete your Major Preparation coursework for each campus. Major requirements are found on Assist.org
- Complete 60 UC transferable units (Note: Math 125 & English 28 are non-transferable courses.)
Apply the year before you would like to attend. For example, if you intend to finish your coursework by Spring 2020, you would submit an application or apply Fall 2019.
Go to the UC Online Application web page to begin your application.
- TAG Application Filing Period, September 1 - 30
- UC Application Filing Period, November 1 - 30
Strategies to Ensure Transfer Success
Because the pool of students who apply to UCs is different every year, the level of academic performance necessary for admission to a particular campus or major is different, too. Acceptance rates depend on the number of applicants, their academic qualifications and available spaces.
To be a competitive applicant:
- Maintain a competitive cumulative and major GPA
- Complete lower division major preparation coursework
- Complete lower division general education (GE) coursework
- TAP + TAG + Apply– Transfer Admission Guarantee
- Start a UC Transfer Planner online TAP
- Write a strong personal statement using your authentic voice
- Increase your admission chances from 26% to 89% with the Pierce College Honors Program.
- Increase your admission chances from 26% to 60% with the UCLA CCCP Mentor Program.
- Find out why 66% of UCLA applicants apply to the same 12 majors.
- Learn more about UCLA's 125 majors.
- After You Apply
- Information on Personal Insight Questions
- Cost of Tuition
- TAG Transfer Admission Guarantee
- UC Transfer Information
- UC Transfer Pathways
- UC Admissions Website
- UCLA Transfer Admission Guide
- Cross Enrollment (Class at a UC for only $46 per unit)
- UC Appeals Workshop
- UC Application Tips & Tools
*UC campuses are selective in their admissions criteria. Meeting minimum admissions requirements will allow you to apply to the campuses and merit an application review. However, it does not necessarily mean that you will be selected or admitted to the campus. Often, admission to UC campuses and/or programs is competitive and requires students to satisfy more demanding standards.