Office Hours Spring 2021
|Monday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Center will be closed:|
|Jan 18, 2021: MLK Day|
| Feb 12 & 15, 2021:
|Mar 31, 2021: Ceasar Chavez Day|
| Apr 2-9, 2021: Spring Break|
|May 31, 2021: Memorial Day|
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Have you used www.assist.org to find what classes you need for a University of California (UC) or California State University (CSU ) campus?
ASSIST is a great resource that allows the user to see what major preparation courses should be completed at a community college prior to transfer, but the site has been going through a makeover the last few years! It finally has a new look, but you need to pay close attention to the information as you use it over the next few months.
Follow these directions to make sure you are getting the correct information:
- Academic Year: Defaults to 2019-2020.
- Institution: Enter Los Angeles Pierce College.
- Agreements with Other Institutions: enter the CSU or UC Campus you desire.
- Select “View Agreements” and it should default to "View Agreement by Major."
- Enter the major you are considering and select "View Agreement."
- If you follow steps 1-4 and instead of "View Agreement by Major" you see "View Agreement by Department," you need to change the Academic Year to 2016-2017.
If you have to change the academic year it is because the agreements by major have not yet been inputted in ASSIST for that campus, so keep checking back. In the meantime, you can follow the 2016-17 agreement, but should also check the department's website for any changes to requirements and speak with a counselor to clarify any differences.
Start with the selections according to the example images to follow.
Once you select "View Agreements," the results window will look similar to the example image to follow indicating the information is correct.
If the "View Agreement by:" drop-down indicates "Department," you must go back to the initial screen and enter "Academic Year to 2016-17."