Fees & Financial Aid
Pierce College is still one of the most affordable colleges nationwide. To determine a student's financial need, the Financial Aid Office will take into consideration the student's cost of attendance and expected family contribution (see "Cost of Attendance" table below).
Fees may be paid online at http://www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.asp
via credit card. For more details on fees, see the College Catalog.
Enrollment Fee $46* per unit – Fees and Refund Sheet
*Enrollment fees are set by the Califonia State Legislature and are subject to change before the semester begins.
Non-Resident Tuition per unit
- Students from another state: $251.00 + $46.00* (Tuition and Enrollment Fees) = total per unit $297.00
- Students from another country: $251.00 + $46.00* (Tuition and Enrollment Fees) = total per unit $297.00
*Fees subject to change by the California Legislature
- Associated Students Organization (ASO) Membership Fee: $7
- Student Representation Fee: $1
- Health Services Fee: $11
- Parking Fee: $20 (regular) or $27 (preferred)
Cost of Attendance Table
The Cost of Attendance is based on the Student Expenses and Resources Survey (SEARS) data and updated for three years of inflation using the estimated California Consumer Price Index.
The following table shows the estimated 2017-2018 9-month Cost of Attendance budget for a California resident student living at home with parents and a California resident student living away from parents:
|At Home||Off Campus|
|Tuition & Fees||$1,220||$1,220|
|Books & Supplies||1,854||1,854|
|Room and Board||5,247||13,293|
|* Subject to change|
The financial aid office may also add the following to a student's cost of attendance, if applicable:
- Non-resident tuition cost plus $46 enrollment fee
- Child Care cost - $1,000 annually
- Direct Loan Origination/Insurance Fee - determined annually