Top 10 Reasons Why Pierce College
The Top 10 Reasons to Attend Pierce College
- Pierce College is recognized as one of the top transfer schools in California, ranking in the top 10% of transfers to the California State University (CSU) system and the top 15% to the University of California (UC) system among all 114 community colleges (2017).*
- The college has transfer agreements with UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Cal State Northridge, CalTech and most other California universities.
- Woodland Hills is located a few miles away from most of Southern California's entertainment attractions including Hollywood, Universal Studios, and the Disney Studios.
- The summers are warm and the winters are mild. We are located just 10 miles away from Malibu beaches.
- Pierce offers courses in more than 80 disciplines. As of 2017, the College offers 75 associate degrees in three categories of Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate Degree for Transfer, along with 52 state-approved certificates.
- The campus sits on 426 acres, a site larger than UCLA.
- With more than 2,000 trees, thousands of roses throughout the campus, and small herds and flocks of livestock maintained on the college's teaching farm laboratory, Pierce College is truly a beautiful place.
- The college reflects the cosmopolitan environment of Southern California with hundreds of international students mixing well with an already diverse student population.
- Enrollment at the college is more than 22,000 students and it still maintains a friendly atmosphere, with students benefiting from small class sizes and individual attention from professors.
- A $700 million bond program has been renovating every aspect of the campus, bringing the facilities up to modern standards in its historic Mission-style architecture.
We can help. For complete application information, go to Pierce College Admissions.*CSU transfer data:http://www.calstate.edu/as/CCCT/2013-14/index.shtml; UC transfer data: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/california-community-college-enrollments-uc
Updated Aug. 8, 2018