Student Engagement Center/ASO
First Floor of Library
|Monday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 4 pm|
9 am - 4 pm
|Friday||9 am - 3 pm|
Are you a new or continuing student who would like help on your journey through Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC)? Read more about how you can sign-up to have a mentor from the Peer to Peer Mentor Program.
The Peer to Peer Mentor Program's Mission is to support the transition of students into LAPC by providing support, information, and guidance to increase student success academically, socially and emotionally.
Through committed service, peer mentors enrich the college experience by being supportive, approachable, and positive role models for students.
Diversity, Integrity, Community, Commitment to Student Success
Our program is made up of 14 peer mentors who are experienced LA Pierce College students. Peer Mentors are trained to:
- Provide support & direction to new students
- Encourage students’ engagement in their academics
- Identify needs & connect students with relevant campus resources & information
- Empower students to take ownership of their learning & success
Each mentor works with their students' schedules to set up one-on-one meetings held on campus.
Why should students join?
- Benefit from one-on-one meetings with your peer mentor by addressing your questions/concerns about college, academics, goals, or personal challenges.
- Receive information about resources and events on campus such as ASO clubs, scholarships, or workshops to help make your college experience more meaningful.
- Attend Peer to Peer events such as socials, workshops, and outings designed to engage and help build connections among students.
- Develop your leadership skills by networking and learning how to get involved on campus.
How can you sign up?
- Visit the Student Engagement/ASO Center located on the first floor of the Library (LLC) to pick-up an application. The program is absolutely free to all active LAPC students!
- Go to the Mentee Application. Complete and submit the online form for review.
- You can also email the Peer to Peer Mentor Program at LAPC-P2P@LACCD.EDU. Please include your name, email and phone number.