Media Arts Department Chair
Name: Jill Connelly
Office: Village 8000
Phone: (818) 710-4235
Music Faculty Advisor
Name: Wendy Mazon
Office: MUS 3403A
Phone: (818) 710-2295
Applied Music Program (AMP)
Hello and welcome to the Pierce College Applied Music Program webpage!
The Applied Music Program (MUS 181, 182, 183 & 184) is a music program that provides individual lessons to students who successfully audition into the program. Once accepted, students receive instruction from professionals in their field who are part of the Pierce Applied Music faculty. Areas offered by the program include both classical and jazz voice, piano, guitar, all band and orchestral instruments and composition.
AMP Corequisites: Music 250 (Performance Workshop), Music 216 (Theory), Music 217 (Musicianship), and a performance ensemble approved by the AMP Director.
We encourage all students interested in majoring in music to audition for the Applied Music Program. For more information, please see below.
Applications and Auditions
The deadline to submit Applied Music Program (AMP) applications for the Fall 2022 semester is Wednesday, 6/1/2022, 11:59 pm.
Auditions for Fall 2022 will take place Wednesday, 6/8/2022, 9 am-2 pm in Music 3401.
To help ensure a smooth application/audition process follow these 5 easy steps:
- Read the Student Guidelines - this contains audition requirements and details about the Applied Music Program.
- If needed, schedule an appointment with one of our accompanists at least two weeks before your audition. See the accompanists page for information. All vocalists are required to have an accompanist.
- Complete the Pierce College AMP audition application. Be sure to use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the AMP application, so the form works properly. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free if you do not have it on your device. (If the application form opens in your browser, save it as a pdf file and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader before completing it.)
- Email the AMP audition application to the AMP Director, Dr. Wendy Mazon, at email@example.com. Deadline to submit Fall 2022 applications is Wednesday, 6/1/2022.
- Sign up for an audition time here. (iPhone users, please install Google Sheets first to allow you to edit.) Auditions for the Fall 2022 semester will be Wednesday, 6/8/2022, 9 am-2 pm in Music 3401.
For questions, see the AMP FAQs page or email the AMP Director, Dr. Mazon at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions are welcome. Thank you for taking the time to look at what the AMP has to offer. We look forward to seeing you at auditions!
AMP Instructors are listed on the Music Faculty page.