Pierce College Nursing Dept.
Center for the Sciences, 9000
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
+1 (818) 719-6477
We have recently updated our application procedure to an online process.
Applications are accepted twice each year, from February 15th to March 1st for the Fall semester, and September 15th to October 1st for the Spring semester. All applicants accepted to the program will be notified via email in June for the Fall semester and in December for the Spring semester.
You can apply and provide unofficial transcripts online by accessing the Los Angeles Pierce College Nursing Application and entering your Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) email address (ex. email@example.com). To access the online application, you must have a Student ID number and have activated your LACCD Student Portal. If you do not have a Student ID, visit the Pierce College Admissions home page for information on how to apply to LACCD. It may take up to two business days after you apply for your Student ID number to be generated. Contact LAPC Student Help at (818) 464-4410 or LAPCStudentSupport@laccd.edu for assistance activating your student portal.
Nursing application process
All prerequisite courses for the nursing application process must be completed prior to applying to the nursing program. You will submit your unofficial transcripts online with the application.
- Approved Course Equivalencies for coursework not completed in the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) must be evaluated by the Pierce College Counseling Office. Please see the counseling page for information regarding appointments.
- A first attempt TEAS composite score of 62% or higher.
- Official transcripts of all schools attended.
Upon acceptance, you will:
- Receive a program information packet.
- Complete the Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) application obtained from the Admissions & Records Office.
- Register for appropriate classes.
- Complete all departmental health requirements; must be current for the length of enrollment in program.
- Purchase professional malpractice insurance; must be valid for the length of enrollment in program.
- Los Angeles City Hospital Fire Safety card
- American Heart Association (CPR-BCLS) card
Both cards must remain valid for the length of enrollment in program
- Purchase the designated LAPC nursing student uniform.
- Download the current LAPC Nursing Student Handbook.
- Enroll in the National Student Nursing Association (NSNA)
- Participate in standardized testing.
- Comply with all college and departmental regulations.
- Successfully complete mandatory background check and drug screening, and provide certification to department.
Estimated Cost of Associate of Science in Nursing (ADN) Program
|Two uniforms/leather shoes/Stethoscope||$375.00|
|Physical and immunizations||$500.00|
|Medical surgical kit||$90.00|
|CPR (Free at Pierce Adult Ed)||$0.00|
|CPR Certification (free at Pierce Adult Ed)||$0.00|
|Application to BRN||$300.00|
|Interim permit (optional)||$100.00|
|ATI predictor test||$100.00|
|Total two years||$5,680.00|
Costs are estimated and subject to change.