Student Engagement Center
Location: LLC Building (1st Floor)
Phone: (818) 719.6411
ASO Funding Requests
- All funding requests must be first reviewed by the ASO Senate. Please contact the ASO Vice President and/or Advisor to be added to the ASO Senate agenda. Please note that ASO Senate and Finance meetings follow Brown Act and agendas must be posted 72 hours prior to the meeting. Late agenda requests will be deferred to the following week’s meeting.
- The ASO Finance Request form must be submitted to the ASO Treasurer.
- Once submitted, the request will be reviewed in the Finance Committee Meeting.
- If approved, the ASO Treasurer will then present request to ASO Senate Board. Majority approval is required for funding.
- The College President’s approval is required to amend ASO Budget.
- It is highly recommended that for the requester to attend BOTH the Finance Committee Meeting and ASO Senate Meetings when the request is discussed.
All items/events purchased with Club Council or ASO funds must acknowledge the financial support i.e. “Sponsored by [name of club], Club Council and ASO.”
All equipment purchased using club funds must be reported to the Pierce College Business Office, tagged with the LACCD asset tag, and inventoried on an annual basis. Disposition of equipment must follow LACCD policies and procedures, and must be reported to the Pierce College Business Office.
Do not spend funds until request is approved by ASO.
Please verify your item by checking the posted agenda at the Student Engagement Center/ASO Office or by checking with the Pierce College Business Office.
Meeting Time & Place
- Fall 2022 Finance Committee Meeting dates/times are TBA
- Ron Paquette, Associate Vice-President, Business Office
- Qais Azizi, ASO President
- TBA, ASO Treasurer
- TBA, Student Finance Committee Delegate
- Dr. Juan Carlos Astorga, ASO Co-Advisor
- Geremy Mason, ASO Co-Advisor
- Dr. Lara Conrady Wong, faculty member and ASO Co-Advisor