Pierce College employees have many resources available to them at no cost, in addition to the programs offered on campus.
The Vision Resource Center includes:
- Track all of your Professional Development activities and FLEX hours
- Discover and register for upcoming workshops and events
- Search for and access thousands of on-demand, free trainings from Lynda.com and Skillsoft
- Connect with colleagues throughout the college, district and state
- Promote your department's or college's professional learning opportunities across the college and the district
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
Pierce College employees interested in earning the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification will find computers loaded with the latest Office 2016 software, Visio software, practice tests for the MOS Certification in the Faculty and Staff Resource Center.
Documents and Manuals
- Focus Group Guide: Developed by the Center for Community College Student Engagement (CCCSE), this Focus Group Guide is a useful toolkit for developing focus groups for community college students, faculty and staff.
- Email Signatures: Why do you need an email signature and how do you make one? (Read Word Doc | PDF)
National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD)
- Pierce College has an institutional membership with NISOD, the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development , which is a consortium of community and technical colleges committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching, learning, and leadership.
- You can access the online webinars, conferences, and resources by logging on with Pierce College’s credentials below.
- Note: Webinars and conferences may require registration fees that are not covered by the institutional membership. For information about funding for faculty development, please visit the Faculty Professional Growth Committee webpage.
- Username: piercecollege.edu; Password: nisod234
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- As an LACCD employee, you – as well as your dependents and anyone in your household - have free access to the Employee Assistance Program