|Fall 2022, Office Hours|
|Monday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
Los Angeles Pierce College
Student Services Bldg, 2nd Fl.
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
EOP&S Sr. Office Asst.
What is the Guardian Scholars Program?
The Pierce College Guardian Scholars Program is designed to support current and former foster youth achieve their educational goals, to either complete a certificate, associates degree, or transfer to a university.
Guardian Scholars Services
- Meet with a designated Guardian Scholars staff
- Assist with the college admissions application, matriculation process: assessment, orientation, and counseling
- Meet with a designated counselor to develop an educational plan
- To schedule a counseling appointment with the Guardian Scholars Program Counselor please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistance with the Financial Aid and Chafee applications
- Determine eligibility for EOP&S Program
- Referral to other support services such as Special Services, Tutoring, Bookstore, Transfer Center, etc.
- Participate in our life skills workshops: Transfer process, Budgeting/Money Management, Health, Employment Readiness, etc.
Guardian Scholars Benefits
- Connect with John Burton Foundation to assist foster youths with the following resources:
- Book loaner program
- books and supplies
- Critical needs fund
- Access to the Food Pantry
- Purchase cap and gown
- University tours
Where are we located: EOPS Office, Student Services Building, 2nd floor
How to contact us: Email at email@example.com
View our Guardian Scholars Brochure
California Ombudsman for Foster Care - ensures that the voice of foster children and youth is heard and act on their behalf.
Help Line 1-877-846-1602
Independent Living Program - this site is for current or former foster youth/probation youth which provides important information and resources regarding ILP/Transitional Coordinators, housing, education, living skills, employment, legal assistance and much more.
The Alliance for Children's Rights
iFoster Life changing resources for children and youth
California College Pathways - helping California's foster youth access higher education and reach their educational goals
John Burton Foundation