Types of Aid
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building, 2nd fl.
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Federal School Code: 001226
1. Before you apply for financial aid, determine your Eligibility
Review the minimum requirements to be considered for financial assistance.
2. Understand the different types of aid available
Scholarships are gift-aid awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and in some cases, additional criteria such as study in a particular major, leadership, or financial need. Go to the Los Angeles Pierce College Financial Aid Office Scholarship Opportunities web page.
Grants are gift-aid, which do not have to be repaid.
Loans (self-help aid) are funds which must be repaid.
3. Apply for Financial Aid with FAFSA
- To receive full consideration for Los Angeles Pierce College awards, you must first submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Renewal FAFSA by the March 2nd priority application deadline. The Los Angeles Pierce College Federal School Code is 001226.
- Students who want to apply for limited funding programs (such as Federal Work-Study, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants and Perkins Loans) will need to submit and complete their financial aid file by May 1st priority funding deadline.
- Late applications will only be considered for the Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Stafford Loans. Please note that applying for financial aid late may cause delay in funding.
Additional Financial Aid Information
For comprehensive information on Financial Aid in the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), view or download the 2017-2018 Los Angeles Community College District 'Your Helping Hand to Understanding Financial Aid' brochure, available as an Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
To learn more about the links and information provided by this web site, please to go our web page "Website Links". To learn more about documents provided by this web site and document ADA-compliance, please go to our web page "Addressing Document Compliance".