Office Hours Spring 2021
|Monday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Center will be closed:|
|Jan 18, 2021: MLK Jr. Day|
| Feb 12 & 15, 2021:
|Mar 31, 2021: Cesar Chavez Day|
| Apr 2-9, 2021: Spring Break|
|May 31, 2021: Memorial Day|
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
The Campaign for College Opportunity has recognized Los Angeles Pierce College as a leader in California in Associate Degree for Transfer implementation. The Champions of Higher Education "2020 Excellence in Transfer" designation was awarded to only 12 of 116 California Community Colleges statewide.
Earning an AA-T or AS-T provides a number of benefits for students planning to transfer into the California State University (CSU) system, including:
- Guaranteed admission into the CSU system (no guarantee to a specific campus)
- Allows students to use the same GE and Major Prep courses for transfer to some CSU campuses
- Guarantees a 60 unit (Los Angeles Pierce College) + 60 (CSU) unit pathway to CSU graduation
To get the full benefit, students must:
- Apply to a CSU in a major that is deemed similar to the major at Los Angels Pierce College (LAPC)
- Indicate on their CSU application that they will complete the AA-T or AS-T
- Petition for degree verification early by making an appointment with a Counselor
AA-T or AS-T degrees are currently available in the following majors at LAPC
= Requirements = Program Map = Campuses Accepting this AD-T = TMC
CSU Coursework Information after Transferring with an AD-T
Some CSUs may require specific major coursework from ASSIST. Check with the CSU campus for further information.
Below are CSU Campus Websites with Guidelines for Students Entering with an AD-T
- Cal Poly Pomona
- CSU Fullerton
- CSU Long Beach
- CSU Los Angeles
- CSU Northridge ADT STAR Roadmap
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
What's the difference between the traditional AA/AS degrees and the new AA-T/AS-T?
The new degrees have been created in partnership between the community colleges and CSUs to try to make the transfer process as efficient as possible. In some cases the required courses are very similar, but in others there are numerous differences which can be verified at www.assist.org.
If I have a low GPA, will earning the AA-T/AS-T help me get in to a CSU?
Completing the degree can't overcome a poor academic record, so you should still earn the best grades possible, especially if you're interested in a highly competitive major and/or campus. But the AA-T/AS-T degree will give you a slight boost in consideration at many campuses. Refer to your CSU campus website for details.
If I am admitted with an AA-T/AS-T, can I change my major once I get to the CSU?
Some schools or programs have restrictions on major changes, so don't count on it. If you are allowed to change, doing so would forfeit the 60 + 60 unit graduation guarantee.
I'm transferring to CSU but there's no AA-T/AS-T in my major (or I don't meet the requirements); should I still get a traditional AA/AS degree?
Of course! There are plenty of reasons to get a degree, especially if it's right there for the asking. And in most cases, students who meet the basic requirements for CSU admission will also meet the requirements for a General Studies degree. See a counselor to explore your options.
How do I know if my major at Los Angeles Pierce College is deemed similar to my desired major at the CSU?
Check with your counselor, the Transfer Center, or refer to the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) web site at "Degree with a Guarantee".
Los Angeles Pierce College doesn't have the AA-T or AS-T I want; can I go to another school to complete the degree?
Yes, but consult with a counselor as soon as possible – preferably before making the move. Each school has different requirements for granting degrees, including minimum numbers of units that must be earned at that school.
Can I earn an AA-T/AS-T plus the regular AA/AS degree?
Yes, if you meet the requirements for both, you may petition for both types of degrees, even in the same subject (ex: AST in Early Childhood Education plus AA in Child Development)
The ADT Commitment is the Independent California College and University sector's adaptation of the ADT pathway. While similar to the CSU ADT, there are also some differences due to the independent nature of the state's nonprofit institutions:
- Unlike CSU, AICCU institutions are not part of a system and each campus has its own admission and graduation requirements.
- If an ADT transfer student meets all the requirements of admission to a participating institution, admission is guaranteed to that college as opposed to a system.
The ADT Commitment is:
- Guaranteed admission for the ADT students meeting admission requirements;
- Guarantees a minimum of 60 semester/90 quarter units will transfer;
- Guarantees the student starts with junior standing.
Visit the AICCU website for more information.