|Fall 2022, Office Hours|
|Monday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
Los Angeles Pierce College
Student Services Bldg, 2nd Fl.
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
EOP&S Sr. Office Asst.
NextUp (formerly CAFYES)
NextUp is designed to promote the success of current and former foster youth enrolled at Pierce College. NextUp is a program with comprehensive and coordinated sets of services that involve internal and external community partnerships for the purpose of identifying and addressing barriers (including health and well-being) for the academic success of current and former foster youth.
NextUp Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee waiver)
- Be a current or former foster youth whose dependency was established on or after their 13th birthday
- Be 25 years old or younger
- Student must be enrolled in 9 units or more at the time of acceptance (DSPS = 6 units or less)
- Counseling and educational planning
- Book Vouchers
- Meal Assistance
- Cash grants for education-related expenses (above and beyond EOPS)
- Transportation Assistance
- Specialized workshops on study skills, transfer requirements, time management, resume writing and much more
- Field trips to local colleges and universities
- School supplies including notebooks, paper, backpacks, and calculators
- Supplies for personal needs that support attendance at college
- EOPS/NextUp community assistance including networking, family activities, and support groups
NextUp financial assistance may be available to NextUp students who in addition to meeting all EOPS and NextUp program eligibility requirements are financially eligible to receive services. The determination is based on individual student's financial aid award and the remaining financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Students must have completed all financial aid forms and requirements and have received their Financial Aid Award Notification for remaining need to be determined. All NextUp awards are contingent upon EOPS/NextUp Program funding availability.
How to Apply
Complete and submit an EOPS application and be certified eligible for the program. Once certified as an EOPS participant, students will be able to submit a NextUp supplemental form with appropriate verification.
For more information or questions about NextUp, contact:
NextUp Coordinator: Lizette Carbajal
NextUp Peer Advisor: Williams Pena-Saravia
NextUp Student Learning Outcomes
It is the goal of EOP&S/NextUp to ensure that each participating student is proficient in understanding the complexities of higher education, knowledgeable of resources necessary to be successful in their studies and to achieve their objectives. EOP&S/NextUp evaluates its effectiveness in providing quality services by identifying student learning outcomes and assessing the extent to which students have achieved those outcomes.
Students participating in the NextUp Program will:
- Identify online strategies and necessary resources to ensure that online course (s) meet Pierce College General Education Plans
- Be able to identify student services areas, their functions, and how they assist in their academic success